• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Dollar Stores Quietly Consumed America

jayboogieman

38 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I hate 99 Cent stores. They're everywhere here. And the merchandise is soooooooooo trash. That said, they are wonderful in a pinch and I've used them many times lol.

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They are EVERYWHERE throughout the rural south. It wasn't like this in CO but hell, maybe they've exploded in CO over the last three years too.

Watch the 20 minute video. They show that one town in the midwest has 70 within 10 miles of each other.

Actually the dollar general coming within a mile and a half of my " neighborhood" has saved me and my neighbors from a lot ofdriving , like 10 miles round trip just for simple items that they need and may have forgot at the regular grocery store on their weekly or trip.  They've even started carrying fresh fruit and veggies like onions and taters and of course the beer is much cheaper than one of the in and out gas stations.  I got no problem with them and don't know why someone would.

3 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Actually the dollar general coming within a mile and a half of my " neighborhood" has saved me and my neighbors from a lot ofdriving , like 10 miles round trip just for simple items that they need and may have forgot at the regular grocery store on their weekly or trip.  They've even started carrying fresh fruit and veggies like onions and taters and of course the beer is much cheaper than one of the in and out gas stations.  I got no problem with them and don't know why someone would.

Watch the video and you'll see why.

13 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I haven't watched the video myself, but you might want to look into how DG treats their employees. I mean, I realize employee exploitation is very much the norm in America but holy poo does DG ever take it to another level.