• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What magic can we pull to find a receiver?

RIPTreyLance

13 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

It happens... I was screaming at the TV for Parsons. Truth be told, had he been drafted to CAR he likely would have been wasted with Snow

But were you screaming for Parsons as an edge? 

Hindsight is enormous with Parsons. There were questions with him as a stand up linebacker and I’m doubtful if someone claims they saw elite edge rusher as his direction. 

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Hindsight is enormous with Parsons. There were questions with him as a stand up linebacker and I’m doubtful if someone claims they saw elite edge rusher as his direction. 

At no point was anybody screaming for a LB in that draft so don’t fall for the fake internet hindsight game.. These dude lie all the time about how they knew this player was the guy and we should have gotten this guy or that guy.. When reality was ppl wanted the Olinemen in San Diego or Fields .. Nobody was screaming defensive player in that draft..

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Shenault is a horrible route runner.  They are doing great with him.  All you can do is scheme plays up for him.   He is a gadget roleplayer.  

The separation he gets is due to him being a 4th read option.  The defense doesn't count him in coverage if most our options are covered.  His separation is misleading, but he can move once he gets the ball in his hands. If he becomes more of a receiving threat then defenses will tighten that up to where he would be in line with the others.  Basically, the defense never really worries about him in the open field as a receiver until they have to. Yesterday they didn't. 

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I posted something about this the other day, Parsons isn't a player any team can really be upset about their team not drafting and is pure revisionist history if they are.

Guy was a MLB in college and projected to be one in the NFL, nobody realized he could be the dominant pass rusher that he's turned into.  If they did, he'd have been at worst the #3 pick in the draft, could see Wilson still going ahead of him given the hype he had, but I don't think lance would have gone before him if anyone remotely saw this coming.

Edited by tukafan21