• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Jonathan Stewart!

Munkey

Stew is a starter, but we would be unlikely to get his value in draft picks, and I doubt we'd get back what we used on him.

I do think that if D-Will stays healthy and Sutton continues to develop, we could part with him for the right deal, but I am glad we have him for now.

100 yards against a defense that hasnt given up a 100 yard day in 36 games (Nov. 07). I told people on this board STOP f**kING undervaluing Stew because you love D Will so much. The kid is a beast for us and without him our RB core is not nearly as potent.

Yep. Why should some folks hate on a guy who is just as good as DeWill? Looking at how Stewart did when DeWill got hurt early in the first half, we should be thankful Fox & Hurney made the right decision with getting Stewart. While I think Sutton would do ok, but Stewart is the one who can do it all that & more. If we never got Stewart, I don't think Sutton & Goodson could do enough to help us score and win compare to Double Trouble. We love Double Trouble & we hope they will be here for several more years. :sifone:

Trading a great player isn't necessarily a bad idea, if you can get good value in return and if you have another great player at his position (D-Will). The thing is, Stewart has been dynamite for us this year when D-Will has gone down to injury. RB's get dinged up all the time, and I think it's going to be to our benefit to keep the two of them here as long as possible.

100 yards against a defense that hasnt given up a 100 yard day in 36 games (Nov. 07). I told people on this board STOP f*ckING undervaluing Stew because you love D Will so much. The kid is a beast for us and without him our RB core is not nearly as potent.

I agree 110%. I've loved this kid since we drafted him and while he's not as good as DeAngelo he gives us so much flexibility in being able to keep our RB corps fresh during a game. But tonight he showed he can carry the load too, and he really did wear down that defensive line to the point that it just couldn't keep up with our patchwork OL.

leave the strengths alone unless you want to make them stronger. build around it. make everything else around it better. the team needs to find balance but it doesn't need to happen at the expense of the best part of it. find players that will help make the passing game every bit as good/dangerous as the running game.

We will lose him in free agency unless we decide to trade DWill and keep him long term.

Bottom line is one of them won't be a Panther soon come 2011. I for one would rather have something for him in return.

If you think they will both stay Panthers indefinitely....wake up.

• 1 year later...

We will lose him in free agency unless we decide to trade DWill and keep him long term.

Bottom line is one of them won't be a Panther soon come 2011. I for one would rather have something for him in return.

If you think they will both stay Panthers indefinitely....wake up.

Frank and Moose were discussing today how the Patriots are great at trading veterans for draft picks. They solve their weaknesses by drafting lots of players and playing the odds. One of them said trade Steve Smith but that just doesn't make sense given the chemistry between him and Newton.

Now that our defense is so bad and our Offense is great it may be time to consider it again.

Even if we get a 3rd or 4th for Stewart we may need to consider it. Could we even get a 2nd??

HOWEVER given Hurney's inability to find talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds maybe not.

Archived