• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Game last night, A viking fan's perspective - sort of

PeteRozelle

the hospitality from most the panther fans during the dolphins game was great (of course the huddle tailgate was amazing)......also helped that it was 5 dolphins fan to every 2 panther fans it seemed :cool:

there is no reason for dolphin/panthers to hate eachother. it was a good game as expected. similar teams. good stuff.

If you are the opposition then I hate you. After the game is over, then we can drink a beer together, but during the game, you are the enemy. :smash:

I agree.

The Viking fans were tremendous and certainly compared to the Eagles, Falcons (during Vick), drunk Packers fans, and my personal favorite, the Redskins fans, the Vikings fans were down right civilized. Most of them before and certainly after the game had little to say.

Of course, what can you say about grown people walking around with a set of horns on their heads.

The Falcons' fans during the Vick era, my God, bad, just bad.

My least favorite are steelers fans. I hate them because you can see them at every game regardless of who is playing

I agree JustthePanthers. First, I have had PSL's for 6 years. I have not been in a situation were I was unable to go and needed to sell my tickets but if so would never to an opposing teams fan. I wont even bring a friend to a game that is fan of the opposing team and beleive me I get LOTS of requests for that - but is always NO WAY. I did that once and it was just to damn annoying :-) . Panther fans only!!!!!! We have to start somewhere and take our stadium back!!.

I don't have friends who aren't panther fans. No exceptions

Thats what im saying, our house has been full of opposing fans this year because we havent really played any teams like Arizona or Houston or Jacksonville that dont really have much of a national following. I dont think whether we are winning really has much to do about it. we could be 15-0 and our stadium would be full of opposing fans if we were to play Pittsburgh, Dallas, Philly, or Buffalo. Its just the nature of the area we live in, everyone from those places abandons their shithole cities to live here but still want to cheer for their team. Except Dallas fans, the closest to Dallas they have ever been is Dallas, NC lmao

LMAO, dam straight! It's the most annoying thing about pro sports when it comes to the QC.

I do however know some Transplants from NY that actually love the panthers and love living here. They hold PSL's too.

So the world isn't full of crap after all! Just seems that way 99% of time.

My neighbors on the other hand need to go back to Buffalo. Just because they own some old farmland on the outskirts of town they think they run the joint! Losers

It's easy for some to gripe about the other teams fans getting hold of tickets. What's that say about or own fan base? I drive almost 700 miles round trip for home games. I make most of them, but sometimes I can't. I don't have a network of 'Cats fans to offer my tickets to, I have to post them via the available means necessary to avoid eating them. I've been going to the stadium since the first season there in '96, and I've been hearing the same crap: "anytime you have tickets to sell, let me know". Well, when they were 'let known', most times the declined. The best thing that ever happened is the online ticket posting, although they will not allow for selling the tickets below a certain minimum. But when I couldn't unload the Dolphins tix in a week's time, you know the fan base is 'fickle' to say the least. When push comes to shove, I'll sell my tix to whoever will buy them. If the other sides fans want to support THEIR team when they're in Charlotte, more power to them.

It's easy for some to gripe about the other teams fans getting hold of tickets. What's that say about or own fan base? I drive almost 700 miles round trip for home games. I make most of them, but sometimes I can't. I don't have a network of 'Cats fans to offer my tickets to, I have to post them via the available means necessary to avoid eating them. I've been going to the stadium since the first season there in '96, and I've been hearing the same crap: "anytime you have tickets to sell, let me know". Well, when they were 'let known', most times the declined. The best thing that ever happened is the online ticket posting, although they will not allow for selling the tickets below a certain minimum. But when I couldn't unload the Dolphins tix in a week's time, you know the fan base is 'fickle' to say the least. When push comes to shove, I'll sell my tix to whoever will buy them. If the other sides fans want to support THEIR team when they're in Charlotte, more power to them.

I've had the same problem and feel the same way about the other team's fans buying tickets. "Let me know" from our fans often means "Can I have them for free?" I'm sorry, no.

lol I'm sorry, not bitter just trying to get what I can for what I already paid for.

I've had good luck on craigslist. Sold the Dolphin tix that way within 8 hours of posting them. Beware the PayPal & Ticket Master fees.

I've had the same problem and feel the same way about the other team's fans buying tickets. "Let me know" from our fans often means "Can I have them for free?" I'm sorry, no.

lol I'm sorry, not bitter just trying to get what I can for what I already paid for.

I've had good luck on craigslist. Sold the Dolphin tix that way within 8 hours of posting them. Beware the PayPal & Ticket Master fees.

I need to set myself up where I can collect from a transaction on Craigslist or E-Bay. Your comment about "getting them for free" is spot on..

I am a life long Vikings fan, growing up watching Fran Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, and the purple people eaters doing their thing. I am a native Charlottean and I have become a huge Panther Fan, but when it comes between the two, I will always pull for the Vikings.

This is really the first time I have been to a Panthers Home game pulling for the visitor ( I missed the other Games when the Panthers have been here), and yes I had my Viking's gear on. For the most part, I think we have become a very good host for visiting fans or their respected teams.

We were offered to join tailgates, people were polite, some even wishing our team well for the playoff run. I thought that was great, and thats how it should be. People were simply ready to talk about football, regardless of colors.

Unfortunately, at the end of the game, it got ugly a few times. I expect people to cheer for their team, and I expect to catch a lot of hell being a visitor, in a spirited way of course. Instead, I had quite a few fans come right up to our faces and taunt us. On one occasion I had to push a guy back who got a little to into my face, and luckily security was there to put the guy on a different path. (No Im not the guy that jack up the dude on the wall).

Overall it was a great "visiting" experience, and I was really impressed with the amount of Viking fans in attendance.

My only regret was the final score, and yet for some odd reason, Im not that upset about it either. I loved the way the Panthers played. I just wish they did that all year, and not the one night my Vikings were in town.

Pete

I don't care which team you root for....as long as you keep that avatar....:thumbsup:

lol I'm sorry, not bitter just trying to get what I can for what I already paid for...........

I guess we are all different. For me I plan to and already spent the $$ on my tickets so I dont ask people for money. The only time I have not gone to a game is pre-season. I dont care to go to both so I usually skip one and when I do I give my tixs away for free. When I bring a friend to a regular season game I never take money for the ticket. If I was ever not able to go I would not ask for $. Like I said, for me its I already paid for them and did not do that wanting or needing money so I dont care not taking any money.

To each is own on this I guess. Everyone has the right to sell their tickets when they cant go. I just think many PSL owners dont care or dont make any effort to see their tickets end up in the hands of Panther fans.

if you don't want it to get ugly then don't wear your gear or stay home. panthers fans have to deal with so much crap at home games bc of so many obnoxious visiting fans. I don't want them to feel welcome and I expect the same when I go to a panthers away game.

This about sums it up.

I guess we are all different. For me I plan to and already spent the $$ on my tickets so I dont ask people for money. The only time I have not gone to a game is pre-season. I dont care to go to both so I usually skip one and when I do I give my tixs away for free. When I bring a friend to a regular season game I never take money for the ticket. If I was ever not able to go I would not ask for $. Like I said, for me its I already paid for them and did not do that wanting or needing money so I dont care not taking any money.

To each is own on this I guess. Everyone has the right to sell their tickets when they cant go. I just think many PSL owners dont care or dont make any effort to see their tickets end up in the hands of Panther fans.

Same here Grateflday. When I brought friends who offered to pay me, I told them to put the cash in the Toys For Tots bucket.

Archived