• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chark’s playing tonight

JawnyBlaze

54 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Long-term for what? We aren't a playoff team. Not like we are going to beat the Saints, Bucs, or Falcons for the South and we certainly won't win enough for a Wild Card.

Throw him out there so he can get his money on a decent contract elsewhere next year.

Long term for this season, as I stated earlier. You don’t know we’re not a playoff team.  I don’t know we are or aren’t a playoff team. No one does.  Sure we had some problems in week one, but it’s been ONE GAME. Ffs people need to stop with the sky is falling rhetoric. 

14 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Long term for this season, as I stated earlier. You don’t know we’re not a playoff team.  I don’t know we are or aren’t a playoff team. No one does.  Sure we had some problems in week one, but it’s been ONE GAME. Ffs people need to stop with the sky is falling rhetoric. 

Well, how about now? We have the Seahawks, Vikings, and Dolphins coming up. Where do you see a win there? 

If Tepper were interested in winning this year, and potentially long-term, he would've retained Wilks. Both of these games are games we would've won with him last year. 

But we have to "trust the process" of becoming the Steelers South in Year 5 of the Reign of Tepper. He wanted a QB to sell tickets, that's it. I personally believe he is the reason we took Young over Richardson or Stroud.

However, this is not what it the worst. We are potentially a Top 3 pick team, in a draft with Drake Maye and Caleb Williams, as well as Marvin Harrison Jr., and we sent our draft pick to the Bears, who may also be a Top 3 pick team. So not only will an NFC team be able to offloadd their deadweight at QB, they'll be able to draft the best of the QB's and a likely perennial All-Pro wide receiver.

The sky isn't falling. But you would expect to see a glimmer of good by now after three preseason games and two regular season games. The Texans and Colts have seen it with Stroud and Richardson while we are still here twiddling our thumbs. 

Last night was very Jimmy Clausen-esque.

• Poo 2

A lotta mythologizing Steve ***** Wilkes in here. He was not good. He wasn’t a good DC, wasn’t a good HC. We got a morale boost at the end of the year last year because the cancer that was Rhule was finally excised, but Wilkes and his crew would have been far worse for this franchise long term. Reich isn’t looking too good right now through two games, but ffs if we can give Ron Shortbus Rivera nine years, we can give Reich more than two games. 

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

A lotta mythologizing Steve ***** Wilkes in here. He was not good. He wasn’t a good DC, wasn’t a good HC. We got a morale boost at the end of the year last year because the cancer that was Rhule was finally excised, but Wilkes and his crew would have been far worse for this franchise long term. Reich isn’t looking too good right now through two games, but ffs if we can give Ron Shortbus Rivera nine years, we can give Reich more than two games. 

Family Guy Want GIF

• Beer 1