• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Compare Steve Smith's stats to the rest of the league

Dpantherman

Actually tied for second. His yards per catch are down this year but still respectable at 15.4. Its been a tough year for Smith. His success with Moore has to be a fresh breath of air during a stale season. I am looking forward to Sunday to see if Moore's next chapter is a thriller or a tragedy.

For Matt I sure hope it's a thriller. For the panthers and the fans, well thats up to Fox... All tho If he finishes the rest of the year strong, it helps his chances of being the starter next season. I like the guy and certainly can see him as the Panthers New QB.

As far as Smitty go's, I hope he has enough pounding years left in him to get a ring with the panthers, IMO he deserves one. Either way he won't be forgotten as one heck of a football player.

Its amazing that he has over 1000 yards and was thrown to by Jake most of the season. Thats the equivalent of Ryan Leaf throwing passes to you.

I think at this point we don't have to make comparisons to describe Jakes' ineptitude.

''...thrown to by Jake...'' is now universally considered to be a poor performance.

''...thrown to by Jake is like getting thrown to by Jake Delhomme.''

Shouldn't come to a surprise. He went over 1,000 with Vinny and Carr throwing to him as well.

yes but then (and very similar to now) he took off when Moore started. Mainly the Dallas game back then. The dude was on fire. Very similar numbers to the other night's Minnesota game. And not just those. Look at the numbers from the two games with Moore under center in 07 and 09.

(Note: I'm throwing the Bucs games out. 07 they rested their starters. 09 Their starters just sucked, lol)

'07 v Seattle and Dallas : 17 Catches 209 Yards 1 TD Longest Play : 57 Yards.

'09 v New England and Minnesota : 11 Catches 240 Yards 2 TD Longest play: 45 yards

Keep in mind 30 of those yards are courtesy of the hook and ladder right before the half in the NE game. But the similarities are undeniable. In both seasons it was clear that Smith was more dynamic and the deep threat more apparent with Moore than the QB at the time (07 it was Vinny and Carr and 09 its Jake.) Both of these season for Smith were similar in being he seemed to be having a down year. This year he had one 100 yard receiving game prior to Minnesota and that was against Atlanta back in week 2 when he had 131 yards. In 2007 apart from the first 3 games of the year when Jake was absolutely INSANE (9 TDs to 2 picks) he had one 100 yard game against the cardinals. Apart from that there were 8 games of mediocre football. In those 8 games he maxed out at 64 yards... not to mention the back to back games of 14 and 15 yards... yuck.

Case and point being that Smitty has a pretty good connection with Moore and that I think Moore is the reason Smith got the 100 yards in 07 and he'll be the reason he gets it again this year :D

:rant:

Archived