• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Article Settles It...Fox Should Stay!!

Cheetodude

John Fox is king of the NFC South when it comes to replay challenges.

According to ESPN’s Stats & Information, Fox has been successful on five of the eight replay challenges he has used this season. That’s 63 percent, which puts him way ahead of the rest of the NFC South and not all that far from the top of the league.

Indianapolis’ Jim Caldwell has been successful on all three of his challenges and the Buffalo tandem of Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell has combined to succeed on each of their two challenges. After those three, only four coaches have a better percentage than Fox.

...I mean, come on. He's the BEST in the NFC South at challenges!!! Woo, hoo! And he's ALMOST the best in the league! AWESOME!!

Somebody has GOT to give me some rep for THIS post. No? Ahhh, well. It was worth a try.

Given the schedule we have had and the poor start, what would people say if we go 8-8 this year. Given all the problems, folks will say just can him but with a very tough schedule he has gone 6-5 after starting 0-3. If they win their next 2 and it's a big if, they will have gone 8-5 after their disasterous start.

I am still leaning toward letting him go at this point for how he has micromanages the coordinators but that is me.

Given the schedule we have had and the poor start, what would people say if we go 8-8 this year. Given all the problems, folks will say just can him but with a very tough schedule he has gone 6-5 after starting 0-3. If they win their next 2 and it's a big if, they will have gone 8-5 after their disasterous start.

I am still leaning toward letting him go at this point for how he has micromanages the coordinators but that is me.

well, 8-8 wouldn't be that bad by looking at the record alone.....but the coaching cost this team many wins they could have gotten imo. Once they got an idea of what they were working with this year....they did a poor job managing what they had in games.

Bring in an offensive coach and that would probably favor letting Meeks stay.

I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, but Fox has a pretty consistent track record (winning season, non-winning season, winning season). That's ok for a team with little or marginal talent, but we have talent. Tons of it. As has been said thousands of times in the past, he's loyal to a fault. The loyalty to Delhomme cost us this year, and in the next couple of years, if we don't find a quick fix at QB. It's just time for him to go, despite his stellar challenge record this year. :)

If Fox's job gets saved, and I hope it isn't, he can thank whoever broke Delhomme's finger so that Moore could play.

I'm not annoiting Moore, I'm just saying its a lot easier to win when there is not a turn-over machine at QB.

If anything, Fox looks stupid for not benching Delhomme earlier. Same story (Peete,Delhomme, Foster/Williams) different year.

I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, but Fox has a pretty consistent track record (winning season, non-winning season, winning season). That's ok for a team with little or marginal talent, but we have talent. Tons of it. As has been said thousands of times in the past, he's loyal to a fault. The loyalty to Delhomme cost us this year, and in the next couple of years, if we don't find a quick fix at QB. It's just time for him to go, despite his stellar challenge record this year. :)

Yea....you dont go 12-4 one year and then 'pray to God' you go atleast 7-9... Fox does the work of three men, Larry, Curly and Moe......

Fox has been consistently inconsistent, in that we've had a losing year every other year ( and 2 before last season). This team does have talent but I feel like we are constantly spinning our tires with him. Fox is a safe pick for us to have winning seasons in the future, but with him we'll never get out of mediocrity, we'll never be elite. If thats what you want fine. If you just want to get to the playoffs every once in a while and maybe win a game or two then fine, support him. But there's no gain in no risk.

This team doesn't need much of a push or a change-up to be a consistent winning team, and John Fox does a good job of putting the team in a position to be good, but its not enough to win championships now and it won't ever be.

John Fox has made the same mistakes over and over again. It's why we've never had back to back winning seasons. He sticks with everything for way too long, and whenever there is a problem, he waits until it's too late to attempt to fix it.

It just seems like every year has been the "goin all out year", and overall he's just failed to impress or show improvement. It's just my take but I feel like Fox has peaked here.

While it is fashionable for folks to tout the on-again, off-again seasons for Fox's tenure here, no one is seriously looking at why those seasons played out the way they did. If I recall one year, we were so ridiculously loaded with injuries that we were practically fielding a JV team out there. There was another year of running the round-robin of QBs out there. Yet another year, we were fielding our 5th-string RB and still pushing deep in the playoffs.

If Fox-Hurney are to blame for anything this season, it is for hamstringing our off-season with an insistence on keeping JP at any cost. As it turns out, the cost was severe. We lost a number of key free agents and backup personnel and Jake's agent was perfectly positioned to sign him to a rosy extension which led to his entrenchment as the starter for 2009.

I would have liked to have seen McCown stay healthy to see if that would have changed the dynamic of the decision-making at the QB position.

My opinion, Jake has single-handedly cost us 5 games this year. A QB that was an effective caretaker would have allowed us to cruise to wins over Atlanta, Dallas, Buffalo, Jets, and Miami. We likely would have won the Saints game as well.

While this team has a couple of other issues that need to be ironed out to be deemed an unmitigated powerhouse, the QB issue would go a long way to remedying much of it. I'm no sold on Moore. If he can follow up last quarter's performance with another 6 out of 8 solid outings, then I can get excited about his promise for upgrading the position. Until then, our quickest way to success is finding that accurate game-manager that can complete this offensive arsenal and turn it into a true nightmare for defensive coordinators around the league.

Archived