• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings pass defense

NAS

44 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You know you are talking to the guy who is convinced about the Young benching conspiracy theory? Don’t expect logic or data to change his view. Also yes you will be accused of loving Reich for questioning any of his nonsense. 
Reich looks to have many flaws but he seems pretty straightforward. I don’t see him lying or deceiving anyone intentionally. Just boring ole Reich who needs to let his OC call his plays. 

Conspiratorial thinking is like a disease...if your brain is wired that way, it's very difficult to become de-programmed and certainly not on an internet message board.  So I respect the commitment, but it's a lost cause.  I spent a lot of time with him last offseason going back and forth about his theory that Matt Rhule was going to intentionally start Sam Darnold to begin the season...even though he thought Baker was the better QB...just so that he could wait until Darnold got boo'ed off the field a few games into the season, and then bring Baker Mayfield in to save the day to the cheers of the crowd in order to buy himself more time and cool off his hot seat.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Conspiratorial thinking is like a disease...if your brain is wired that way, it's very difficult to become de-programmed and certainly not on an internet message board.  So I respect the commitment, but it's a lost cause.  I spent a lot of time with him last offseason going back and forth about his theory that Matt Rhule was going to intentionally start Sam Darnold to begin the season...even though he thought Baker was the better QB...just so that he could wait until Darnold got boo'ed off the field a few games into the season, and then bring Baker Mayfield in to save the day to the cheers of the crowd in order to buy himself more time and cool off his hot seat.

I feel like the more they are forced to defend whatever conspiracy theory they are preaching the more they believe it.  It usually starts off as a semi crazy/joking thought, but once questioned they start digging their feet in the sand and refusing to budge.  I mean if he keeps rattling them off maybe one day one of them will be right and he will get his "told you so" moment.  In the mean time it's getting hard to take posters like that seriously at all....

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Do you have any proof to back this up or are you just making up stuff that others might not bother to fact-check?

Miles Sanders has more targets than any RB in the NFL currently.  Last week, he was on the field for 57 snaps.  Hubbard 27.  Sanders is 14th in the NFL in touches.  He has more receptions than McCaffrey.  Sounds like someone who is being used as 3-down back to me.  Not sure what you expected, him to be fed the ball like he's Derrick Henry or Christian McCaffrey?

If you want to argue that Miles isn't good in that role, be my guest.  I'm not a big fan of his either.  But claiming the coach lied about how Miles would be used screams BS.  Miles is one of the most used RBs in the NFL 3 games in.  Just because he doesn't play every 3rd down doesn't change that.  No RB plays 100% of their teams 3rd down snaps.  But going off touches and targets and what I have seen from all 3 games, Miles Sanders has been utilized as a three down back.

If you disagree then break down their 3rd down snaps for me.  I will gladly admit I'm wrong if there is a big discrepancy in who is on the field for 3rd downs.

a 3rd down RB is largely referencing a scenario.  A 3rd and short scenario could be and often is a spot where you would insert an early down RB for example.  And an early down RB can catch passes.  Because teams shouldn't function as run, run, pass. 

3rd and long and clear cut pass scenarios.....it's been overwhelmingly Hubbard in that role.  That's your 3rd down RB right now in Carolina.  Which isn't what Hubbard is.  He's an early down RB too.  Which is why they are dusting off Cohen. 

you are the one disagreeing.   Feel free to break down the 3rd and longs and tell me it's not overwhelming Hubbard.  I'll gladly eat crow if it's not.   

48 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The award for "Least Self-aware Poster" goes to....

I mean, I have said 100x I am making assumptions, educated guesses, etc.  That's what I am doing.  Not my fault if you can't handle that people are going to do that. 

I'm not going around claiming statements were made that haven't been.  Frank never said that, which is why a reporter attempted to get clarification on the whole, doctor, Bryce, Frank decision making aspect.  Because Frank never said they were just waiting on a doctor. 

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I have said 100x I am making assumptions, educated guesses, etc.  That's what I am doing.  Not my fault if you can't handle that people are going to do that. 

I'm not going around claiming statements were made that haven't been.  Frank never said that, which is why a reporter attempted to get clarification on the whole, doctor, Bryce, Frank decision making aspect.  Because Frank never said they were just waiting on a doctor. 

That's fine.  I will join you in saying that I am merely making an educated guess when I say you are a conspiracy theorist.  Not my fault if you can't handle that people are going to call you that when you're constantly proposing nefarious alternative outlandish explanations for everything, that have zero evidentiary backing.  It's becoming a bit cartoonish and I think if you were a bit more self-aware, you would realize that.  Everything is you just "reading between the lines", which combined with an inherent distrust of the organization whose lines you are reading between (i.e. the Panthers in this case), this is exactly how conspiracy theories are formed and gain momentum.  I'm not going to go into the parallels with the real world because that's obviously a topic more suited for the Tinderbox.  At the end of the day, this is just football so these are relatively harmless conspiracy theories so it's whatever.  You do you and I'll do my best to not engage and just roll my eyes and keep scrolling.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 1

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/frank-reich-shares-details-on-bryce-youngs-ankle-injury/

“Docs are saying one to two weeks,” Reich said following the team’s final practice ahead of their Week 3 matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. “Bryce has done well this week. I’m optimistic that he’s on the right path and that whatever the soonest he can get back is, he will get back. And when he gets back and when he’s cleared, he’s our guy and he’ll be ready to go.”

Frank never said we were just waiting on a doctor he said the "Docs (which is short for doctor) are saying one to two weeks." "when he is cleared" (you know by the doctors he is referring to).   I have had to show you this article over and over yet you keep saying Frank never said they are waiting on a doctor.  

Edited by ForJimmy

and if you refuse to believe Reich we have Thomas Brown and our RG Corbett (who is dealing with out doctors) back up that statement.

https://theathletic.com/4887450/2023/09/21/bryce-young-panthers-ankle-injury-andy-dalton/

“I have complete trust in our doctors. I’ve been working every single day with them for eight months. Whatever they’re saying, whatever they’re seeing with what they need to do with Bryce, that’s what they’re gonna do,” Corbett said. “I think we made a turning point in this game, kind of the culture shift of being smarter with guys rather than just shooting people up (with painkillers) and being back on the field.”

19 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

That's fine.  I will join you in saying that I am merely making an educated guess when I say you are a conspiracy theorist.  Not my fault if you can't handle that people are going to call you that when you're constantly proposing nefarious alternative outlandish explanations for everything, that have zero evidentiary backing.  It's becoming a bit cartoonish and I think if you were a bit more self-aware, you would realize that.  Everything is you just "reading between the lines", which combined with an inherent distrust of the organization whose lines you are reading between (i.e. the Panthers in this case), this is exactly how conspiracy theories are formed and gain momentum.  I'm not going to go into the parallels with the real world because that's obviously a topic more suited for the Tinderbox.  At the end of the day, this is just football so these are relatively harmless conspiracy theories so it's whatever.  You do you and I'll do my best to not engage and just roll my eyes and keep scrolling.

If thinking Bryce Young got a break after a rough start makes me a conspiracy theorist….it makes me a boring one.  But so be it.  Call it what you want.  And yes it is me reading between the lines.  Which I always admit to doing while doing it LOL.  

nothing nefarious or outlandish about that though.   You can disagree with my take.   Calling that take outlandish or nefarious is funny though. 

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

If thinking Bryce Young got a break after a rough start makes me a conspiracy theorist….it makes me a boring one.  But so be it.  Call it what you want.  And yes it is me reading between the lines.  Which I always admit to doing while doing it LOL.  

nothing nefarious or outlandish about that though.   You can disagree with my take.   Calling that take outlandish or nefarious is funny though. 

I’d say it’s more if the saying Reich, Brown, and Corbett are intentionally lying to the public and made up an injury to bench their QB. I do like how you are trying to spin it now and honestly I don’t blame you. It was getting bad. Claiming Reich never mentioned doctors and ignoring the interview I posted where he does was pretty bad.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

a 3rd down RB is largely referencing a scenario.  A 3rd and short scenario could be and often is a spot where you would insert an early down RB for example.  And an early down RB can catch passes.  Because teams shouldn't function as run, run, pass. 

3rd and long and clear cut pass scenarios.....it's been overwhelmingly Hubbard in that role.  That's your 3rd down RB right now in Carolina.  Which isn't what Hubbard is.  He's an early down RB too.  Which is why they are dusting off Cohen. 

you are the one disagreeing.   Feel free to break down the 3rd and longs and tell me it's not overwhelming Hubbard.  I'll gladly eat crow if it's not.   

There might be confusion on a 3 down back (as in one you can use on all 3 downs) vs a 3rd down back. Who knows what Frank was referring to, but if it was about his contract that 3 down back makes the most sense. A RB you don’t have to take off the field. The the basic viewer’s eye it appears Sanders is their 3 down or “feature” back with Hubbard giving him breathers/rest. It’s definitely not a good design whatever the hell is going on.

https://www.thecharlottepost.com/news/2023/07/05/panthers/miles-sanders-eager-to-be-three-down-back-in-carolina/#:~:text=“Miles is a three-down,%2C he's a willing blocker.”

Edited by ForJimmy

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/frank-reich-shares-details-on-bryce-youngs-ankle-injury/

“Docs are saying one to two weeks,” Reich said following the team’s final practice ahead of their Week 3 matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. “Bryce has done well this week. I’m optimistic that he’s on the right path and that whatever the soonest he can get back is, he will get back. And when he gets back and when he’s cleared, he’s our guy and he’ll be ready to go.”

Frank never said we were just waiting on a doctor he said the "Docs (which is short for doctor) are saying one to two weeks." "when he is cleared" (you know by the doctors he is referring to).   I have had to show you this article over and over yet you keep saying Frank never said they are waiting on a doctor.  

You watch the presser today?  Is that reporter a conspiracy theorist? The one that followed up on Frank’s 3 prong approach?  They asked because it’s not just about doctors giving a green light.   They listened to Frank.  Doctors are only a voice.  Important but they aren’t making the call alone.  Which Frank reinforced in today’s presser for a 2nd time.  

And Frank has never shared anything a doctor has ever said on Bryce.  Think they went fishing today on if Frank would advise when Bryce was given a thumbs up to practice and Frank wasn’t telling.  So again, it’s all guessing.  I just acknowledge I do it. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

You watch the presser today?  Is that reporter a conspiracy theorist? The one that followed up on Frank’s 3 prong approach?  They asked because it’s not just about doctors giving a green light.   They listened to Frank.  Doctors are only a voice.  Important but they aren’t making the call alone.  Which Frank reinforced in today’s presser for a 2nd time.  

And Frank has never shared anything a doctor has ever said on Bryce.  Think they went fishing today on if Frank would advise when Bryce was given a thumbs up to practice and Frank wasn’t telling.  So again, it’s all guessing.  I just acknowledge I do it. 

“Docs are saying 1-2 weeks” would be sharing what they are saying. This is why it gets difficult to take you seriously on this stuff…. If you can’t accept a quote from the guy stating what doctors are saying as him telling us what doctors  you are in some sort of denial.