• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football - Week 5

Shocker

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This should've never been an issue. The kid completed his transfer then days later the NCAA came out with new transfer rules and bafflingly made the retroactively apply to Tez Walker.

According to rumors, the school kept the seriousness of his mental issues a secret and it wasn't included in the meetings or information. Also during the last 10 months they (ncaa) spoke to Tez for 15 minutes total. 

8 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

According to rumors, the school kept the seriousness of his mental issues a secret and it wasn't included in the meetings or information. Also during the last 10 months they (ncaa) spoke to Tez for 15 minutes total. 

I respect respecting the kid's privacy. None of that stuff should've mattered. His transfer was complete before the new rules came out and the NCAA decided they would make them retroactive in this case.

I'm not crying about the NCAA being out to get us or anything like that. It's just the NCAA has a long history of making baffling decisions and trying to throw their weight around to make a point.

45 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

What rumors? 
If he has mental health issues, that is sensitive private information and I wouldn’t be waving that around for everyone to see. 

Gotta love how the ncaa still got in a couple cheap shots In their explanation, lol. Everyone knows the ncaa did Tez dirty for some odd reason.  

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

What rumors? 
If he has mental health issues, that is sensitive private information and I wouldn’t be waving that around for everyone to see. 

Gotta love how the ncaa still got in a couple cheap shots In their explanation, lol. Everyone knows the ncaa did Tez dirty for some odd reason.  

IC podcast this morning covered in when the news broke. But UNC actually did with hold information from the NCAA but the NCAA didn't help any with what they were asking for, so that's why it wasn't included. 

Yea obviously they did tez dirty. 

Edited by carpanfan96

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

IC podcast this morning covered in when the news broke. But UNC actually did with hold information from the NCAA but the NCAA didn't help any with what they were asking for, so that's why it wasn't included. 

Nah. If they withheld sensitive private medical information, they did so for good reason. His mental health issues (allegedly) shouldn’t have had any influence on the completely assbackwards BS selective enforcement on his eligibility status. 

if these “rumors” are true - ncaa just used it to correct their egregious error and smear UNC at the same time. 

Just now, 4Corners said:

Nah. If they withheld sensitive private medical information, they did so for good reason. His mental health issues (allegedly) shouldn’t have had any influence on the completely assbackwards BS selective enforcement on his eligibility status. 

if these “rumors” are true - ncaa just used it to correct their egregious error and smear UNC at the same time. 

According to the team at inside, they 100% didn't give this new information to the NCAA. I agree completely that it shouldn't have mattered. 

That's 100% what the NCAA did, they used it and tried to save face while smearing UNC at the same time. 

• Pie 1

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

According to the team at inside, they 100% didn't give this new information to the NCAA. I agree completely that it shouldn't have mattered. 

That's 100% what the NCAA did, they used it and tried to save face while smearing UNC at the same time. 

Yeah that’s what I’m saying …the NCAA probably used this as a way to frame it on UNC that is was the schools fault and the NCAA is just as much as a victim here. Their snarky passive aggressive explanation is just more proof that they’re full of crap and every person knows that they couldn’t care less about the mental health of their athletes. 

I’m not a fan of these mega conferences that are gonna eventually happen but one huge positive is that the SCAM white collar cartel known as the ncaa will hopefully be dissolved. 

• 2 months later...