• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Tepper is the worst owner in the NFL?

Zod

Yes.....................next question.

Wait. I have an answer for that next question too.

For 10 years I've warning this franchise that you win game by having a top flight O line and quality of depth in backups...............and for 10 years its never changed here.

To hell with skill position players............if you have no ability to win the trench battle then you will have no ability to win games.

Over and out............

Edited by PghPanther

5 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

If only it was still the no cap Era the Panthers could buy there way to contention but alas.

Not possible cause our FO doesn't believe in playmakers. Pay Sanders more than to retain Foreman. Picking up Sam D expensive player option cause he can see ghosts when no one else can. We would just end up spending more for garbage.

4 hours ago, PghPanther said:

Yes.....................next question.

Wait. I have an answer for that next question too.

For 10 years I've warning this franchise that you win game by having a top flight O line and quality of depth in backups...............and for 10 years its never changed here.

To hell with skill position players............if you have no ability to win the trench battle then you will have no ability to win games.

Over and out............

I agree on having a top o-line but its also very important to have playmakers to keeps the entire defense from only concentration on pressuring our QB. Some of the best offensive line teams still struggle to win games.

36 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

At least you realize the problem instead of blaming the loses on a rookie QB. 

He’s not the sole reason but he sure plays a huge role in it. Had Dalton played  all 4 games we would be 2-2 at worst. 

Edited by ickmule

I get the animosity towards Tepper as the Panthers have been a sh*t show since he bought the team. That being said, I do not see any indication he doesn't want a winning team. Tepper has spent money and made the effort to be successful.  Sadly he has not made good decisions, and hopefully the recent ones to bring in Reich, etc turn out well (not looking good so far).  But again, he has spent money and is doing what he thinks is right to be successful, so is Tepper that worst owner .. I say no, but if he does not learn at some point and get it right then I will definitely become a yes. 

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

He’s not the sole reason but he sure plays a huge role in it. Had Dalton played  all 4 games we would be 2-2 at worst. 

Okay I bite....which two games Dalton would had beaten cause i really want to know. He lost to the weakness defensive team out of the 4 team we had faced already. Everyone knows Andy chokes under big game pressure which are playoffs games as he hasn't a single one. And its like the whole team lost it...he lost it for the team as he turn into a shell of himself unlike Bryce who hasn't crumble under pressure even when he gets sack, he remain poised. Still Dalton does play well in regular games especially meaningless ones so he does give us a better chance at this point due to his experience but i will not say 2-2.

Probably best to have Bryce learn from him on the bench. Since we so not have our 2024 1st round pick, tanking makes no sense otherwise I would continue to start Bryce to learn on the field even when losing but Andy is no savior, not even during his prime.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/wild-card-takeaways-dalton-chokes-again/

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

2-2 at worst had Andy started all 4 games?!? Now i really want to know those teams we would have beaten with Andy??

I think Seattle has given up over 300 plus yard to every QB they faced this season, even to bad teams cause their secondary is atrocious.

18 minutes ago, grateflday said:

I get the animosity towards Tepper as the Panthers have been a sh*t show since he bought the team. That being said, I do not see any indication he doesn't want a winning team. Tepper has spent money and made the effort to be successful.  Sadly he has not made good decisions, and hopefully the recent ones to bring in Reich, etc turn out well (not looking good so far).  But again, he has spent money and is doing what he thinks is right to be successful, so is Tepper that worst owner .. I say no, but if he does not learn at some point and get it right then I will definitely become a yes. 

A agree. Not Tepper faults he wants some say on who he wants as an owner like choosing a HC he admired even if he ends up being a horrible one like Rhule. I would want some input as well as an owner since i paid for it!!!!

Some fans just don't get this point like if they own an NFL team, they would let the GM makes all the decisions while you for it and keep quiet like a mute.

Just now, GhostWhispah said:

A agree. Not Tepper faults he wants some say on who he wants as an owner like choosing a HC he admired even if he ends up being a horrible one like Rhule. I would want some input as well as an owner since i paid for it!!!!

Some fans just don't get this point like if they own an NFL team, they would let the GM makes all the decisions while you for it and keep quiet like a mute.

While you pay for all it* and do not make any personal decisions cause that will be HANDS ON!

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Must be nice to be wealthy enough to buy an NFL team. You come on, screw up everything and turn it into a clown show and you could still turn around and sell it for a massive profit. Tepper should take his profit.

Tepper earned his billions by making smart business decisions unlike most of you guys still working at Micky Dees or kids who still put ketchup on their hot dogs. Just cause he made a mistake on hiring a coach he admires who turn the team into a clown show doesn't mean it was from him directly. If anything, he should have fired Rhule much sooner.

If you ever own an NFL team which i doubt, you will be hands off and let your GM built your team for you as you keep your mouth shut and just pay the bill.