• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King on Fox

unicar15

And what if he screws us and says he hasn't made a decision until Cowher, Shanahan, Billick, etc. are off the market, then quits. Sounds like a dick move that he would be capable of at this point.

Billick? Did you hear some of his calls on the game yesterday? He's not a fan of us at all with the excuses he said, so no way in hell I want that guy.

And I imagine what we reading is just rumors. If Fox is to leave, I'm sure someone will get him. Just because you're mediocre or whatever on a team doesn't mean a different team will not get you. Look at Eric Mangini. The Browns got him right away after the Jets fired him.

Billick? Did you hear some of his calls on the game yesterday? He's not a fan of us at all with the excuses he said, so no way in hell I want that guy.

And I imagine what we reading is just rumors. If Fox is to leave, I'm sure someone will get him. Just because you're mediocre or whatever on a team doesn't mean a different team will not get you. Look at Eric Mangini. The Browns got him right away after the Jets fired him.

I don't know, I thought he sounded pretty pumped about us. He went on about how he didn't understand what Fox was doing continually running the ball when he should've been really seeing if Moore was the answer at QB. When Moore was finally allowed to throw at the end of the first half, Billick went on to say how well thrown his passes were, even the ones that were dropped.

And he always brags about how good our RBs are and how they always break tackles and big runs...

Not saying I would want Billick, but he's a really good coach. Wouldn't mind if we got him, but I prefer Cowher.

....... He went on about how he didn't understand what Fox was doing continually running the ball when he should've been really seeing if Moore was the answer at QB. ........

Screw Fox.... I was thinking and saying the same thing before Belick even said it. I mean give me a break. You have a young QB, possible need to see more and you do nothing but run the ball for the entire 2nd half. I understand the defense was doing well, but come on. That was ridiculus. There was plenty of opportunities to let Moore throw the ball and it was just run, run , run, punt for 30 minutes in a meaningless game.

The problem is throughout the league everyone thinks Fox is a good coach. Well except people here on this board. I don't see what the problem is. If he coaches well, we try to make a deal with him, if not he becomes a FA and we look for another coach. For the record I would extend him with a favorable buy out clause, but I also think he is a good coach so I am in the minority around here. I give much much more credit to Dick Labeau that I do Cowher.

The problem is throughout the league everyone thinks Fox is a good coach. Well except people here on this board. I don't see what the problem is. If he coaches well, we try to make a deal with him, if not he becomes a FA and we look for another coach. For the record I would extend him with a favorable buy out clause, but I also think he is a good coach so I am in the minority around here. I give much much more credit to Dick Labeau that I do Cowher.

A HC is responsible for motivating their teams as much as they are responsible for X's and O's. Cowher was one of the best motivators ever to coach in the NFL.

Not to mention...can you imagine the cast he would assemble starting with the Steelers GM, Kevin Colbert and their cap manager?? I mean sweet lord talk about evaluating talent and managing a cap. The Steelers CONSISTENTLY have the lowest cap number in the league and are always one of the best teams. Give me that combo all day long with Jerry Richardson's pockets..

Archived