• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

32 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Broadcasters low key trolling us.  Oh CMC looks like a Pro Bowl lock, DJ Moore will probably be there and there is only one winless team left, the Panthers!

We have officially become the Browns of years ago. They are definitely trolling us because it’s embarrassing what we’ve been doing the past few years. CMC is an MVP candidate, DJ is now elite and multiple QBs we had available to us are looking like they all have a good future in front of them.

Just now, CarolinaRideorDie said:

My argument is that it seems like people are saying Bryce is an inferior QB compared to Fields because of his throw velocity. It sounds like Fields won this game tonight because of his throw velocity, in reality it's because he had DJ Moore. 

No. I disagree with that. However, it is fair to point out that Fields made throws tonight, that physically, Bryce can’t try and get away with. He has to be smarter and take less risks. Cam got away with risky throws as well when he was younger because of the zip he could put on the ball. Different QBs have to win different ways. Just like Bryce will never be as dynamic of a runner as Justin, it doesn’t mean he’s automatically worse as a QB. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Throughout his college career, Bryce Young displayed plenty of zip when necessary. You guys are making poo up. The only real concern about Bryce was his size. Plain and simple.

Bryce had good college zip. That’s average at best NFL zip. This isn’t revisionist history. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Throughout his college career, Bryce Young displayed plenty of zip when necessary. You guys are making poo up. The only real concern about Bryce was his size. Plain and simple.

Think of it like this: if you rated every starter based on their arm strength, Justin Fields is in the top half of the NFL. If you rate Bryce Young the same way, he’s in the bottom half and likely bottom third. There aren’t many starters you would look at and say Bryce throws the ball harder than them. And that’s ok. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Whatever you say. I read the scouting reports, and I watched all the passes.

I’m not trying to insult you, man. You’re wrong. 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Whatever you say. I read the scouting reports, and I watched all the passes.

Attached:

IMG_0106.jpeg

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

I’m not trying to insult you, man. You’re wrong. 

Attached:

IMG_0106.jpeg

Dude, I'm not insulted, but just like I told another guy who conveniently used this exact same report, elite arm strength does NOT mean that Bryce has a noodle arm. It also doesn't mean that he has an "average" arm (that depends upon definition). I guess "good" velocity doesn't really mean "good," it means "average." Come on, dude. 

Now seriously, I gotta go to bed. No offense or insults meant or taken.

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's a lie. Just because he doesn't have a cannon doesn't mean he doesn't have "good" arm strength. Y'all's revisionist history is running amok.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/bryce-young-qb-alabama-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10067920-nfl-coach-bryce-youngs-arm-unimpressive-compared-to-richardson-stroud-levis

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-combine-2023-analyzing-bryce-youngs-historically-slight-frame-and-whether-teams-should-be-concerned/

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bryce-young/3200594f-5512-4763-ab24-c1bd051ef0ef

"Deep throws come out flat and lose energy late. The deep ball is nothing special and his drive velocity fails to stand out, but he has enough arm strength to make the necessary throws."

I can keep going. Nothing revisionist here, just simply pointing out one of his weaknesses were his deep ball and arm velocity. 

It's literally listed as a weakness on each of these links. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1