• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Here’s an article about Drury apparently reaching a plateau with the Canes. Also an interesting comment about Jordan Staal at the end.

Staal represents the Canes and is a bit of a legend in my mind. However I do believe he’s lost a step in speed and stamina as he’s aged. I noticed it last year but even more this year. Not to say he’s not an asset anymore, his defense is still pretty good, just not what it was a few years ago and his shots are off as well.

I’m sure I’ll get some disagreements, just my opinion.

https://cardiaccane.com/2023/11/09/76168/

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Here’s an article about Drury apparently reaching a plateau with the Canes. Also an interesting comment about Jordan Staal at the end.

Staal represents the Canes and is a bit of a legend in my mind. However I do believe he’s lost a step in speed and stamina as he’s aged. I noticed it last year but even more this year. Not to say he’s not an asset anymore, his defense is still pretty good, just not what it was a few years ago and his shots are off as well.

I’m sure I’ll get some disagreements, just my opinion.

https://cardiaccane.com/2023/11/09/76168/

I think Drury has plateaued. I do not think Staal is done yet, he’s always an end of year player not beginning. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I think Drury has plateaued. I do not think Staal is done yet, he’s always an end of year player not beginning. 

We've seen everything Drury has to offer, he is who we thought he was last year....4th line grinder is his ceiling.  If he'd play with a little more grit it would help offset his offensive limitations.

Staal is still very valuable in the face off circle and age does catch up to everyone, but he's a pretty heavy guy at 6'4" 220lbs.  He's hard to get off the puck and does work along the boards and has that wingspan on defense to really disrupt whoever he is put against.  I think when he re-signed both him and the Canes expected this year and next. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, BY9Franchise said:

This is were they catch up a bit canes are very very good at home.

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

They are due to fall back to earth at some point. 

Rags were on the road a lot the first couple weeks of the season as well. Not like the Canes, who went 11 out of 15 of their first games on the road, but the rags fared much better on the road than the Canes.

It'll all come together in the end. No worries.... except for the goalies.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Rags were on the road a lot the first couple weeks of the season as well. Not like the Canes, who went 11 out of 15 of their first games on the road, but the rags fared much better on the road than the Canes.

It'll all come together in the end. No worries.... except for the goalies.

The rags are actually much better on the road than at home recently 

• Pie 1