• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Id give them one more year because if you fire them then you have to totally overhaul the scouting dept and I have a feeling that would take time

From what I can tell it looks like it needs a total overhaul anyway so might as well get started. It won't be any quicker and easier after another year of bad moves and a deeper hole dug.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

At best, Boobie and Hunter were a big waste of money. I thought Hurst would be better. I thought Sanders was somewhat redundant, but I was hopeful. Good thing that the coming cap situation is tenable. We're still going to have to upgrade the positions though. Waste of cap space and roster spots, and perhaps speaks to impatience (which may lead back to Tepper).

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

My only concern is firing the FO and keeping any part of the coaching staff. Feel like we’ve been alternating now for years and it hasn’t worked out at all. 

You really want to give David Tepper the task of rebuilding everything from the ground up?

We can talk about him using a consultant like Kevin Colbert or someone, but if we go that route I'd rather no moves be made until that consultant is on board and has had a chance to look over the organization from top to bottom.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we think he's the right guy then give him the job. But I'm not gonna hang onto the wrong guys for fear of losing an underling in the process.

We just won our first game and don't know yet how this season is going to end.

I'm not really up for making that kind of decision until we see how this plays out.

If we see improvement by the end of the year, are you still going to be on board with firing everybody?

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You really want to give David Tepper the task of rebuilding everything from the ground up?

We can talk about him using a consultant like Kevin Colbert or someone, but if we go that route I'd rather no moves be made until that consultant is on board and has had a chance to look over the organization from top to bottom.

Yeah it’d have to be someone like that even though the last time we went that route we ended up with gettleman

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We just won our first game and don't know yet how this season is going to end.

I'm not really up for making that kind of decision until we see how this plays out.

Now would be the time do it. Right after the trade deadline, not much else to do until the draft, besides whatever the plan is with burns.