• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Sal Sunseri a good coach?

RockyTopVol

He spent a long time with the Panthers, and is now a LB coach for Alabama. His name is being thrown around in Knoxville as a candidate for the defensive coordinator job at UT.

From what I know about this guy, I think it would be a stretch to make him a coordinator right now. What do you guys think about this dude? Is he ready for a job like that?

I'll hang up and listen...

He coached some spectacular D-lines for us. That's about all I know.

D-line was almost always our strongest defense unit when he was here.

for most of the time it was but the last couple years it starting falling off. not sure it was his fault.

as far as him being a DC....in college i don't think it would be a problem for him. college defenses aren't all that complicated. i'm sure he learned a bit last year about what makes a good one at the college level.

i always liked him....well, as long as he wasn't coaching where little kids are running around. he has a way of expanding their vocabulary in ways that parents probably don't approve of. :lol:

I liked him. It always pissed me off to hear people complain about how hard nosed, and in your face he was.

It's football, not day care. We need more like him so that some of the pansy asses around the league get a grip on that. It's a tuff, vilent sport, and if a few cuss words hurt your wittle feelings....then you don't need to be playing it.

I liked him. It always pissed me off to hear people complain about how hard nosed, and in your face he was.

It's football, not day care. We need more like him so that some of the pansy asses around the league get a grip on that. It's a tuff, vilent sport, and if a few cuss words hurt your wittle feelings....then you don't need to be playing it.

baker is a bit more hard-nosed than sal, imo. he uses less colorful language but it is every bit, if not more, "in your face".

at training camp it was always a little funny watching soccer moms bring their kids to practice and then see their reaction when sal let it fly.

Someone with more football knowledge than we is considering him for a coordinator position?

Nah, I'd say he sucks as a coach.

:)

i don't know if anyone around here said that he sucks. he was about the only person in the coach exodus last year i was at all sad to see leave.

i'm more than happy with baker, though.

I never said that he sucks as a coach. I know that he had successful defensive lines. I just didn't know much else about the guy. Considering Tennessee first went after Dick Bumpass (DC at TCU) and Kevin Steele, you might see why I'm questioning the readiness of a current ILB coach.

Again, I was just asking to see what you guys thought. I wasn't saying that this guy would be a bad pick. I just don't know a whole lot about him.

Archived