• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want a #1, you go get Devante Adams

RumHam

Those of you convincing yourself that Jerry Jeudy is something special, you're part of the problem. Adams is rotting in Vegas. They'd probably take Burns straight up at this point too. Hell throw in Chinn. If you want a number 1 it's going to cost, and teams that have bonafide #1's aren't going to get rid of them. With Adams being frustrated, that's who should be on the phone. We missed on Hopkins and others, you have a chance to right the ship, you go get Davante Adams and quit playing. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Those of you convincing yourself that Jerry Jeudy is something special, you're part of the problem. Adams is rotting in Vegas. They'd probably take Burns straight up at this point too. Hell throw in Chinn. If you want a number 1 it's going to cost, and teams that have bonafide #1's aren't going to get rid of them. With Adams being frustrated, that's who should be on the phone. We missed on Hopkins and others, you have a chance to right the ship, you go get Davante Adams and quit playing. 

You are suggesting trading away two of our most talented young defenders for a 30 year old WR during a throw away season? 

LOL

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

You are suggesting trading away two of our most talented young defenders for a 30 year old WR during a throw away season? 

LOL

I'd rather keep Chinn but the growing sentiment is he doesn't do poo and doesn't work here. Then yes, you throw in both players I want that first round pick. 

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

LOL

Chinn barely plays at this point.  And frankly, he has been nothing but message board hype post his rookie season.   Carolina clearly doesn’t know what to do with him.  It’s the tweener problem.  I think the fan base overvalues him at this point.   

• Pie 2

We aren't getting a St. Brown, Waddle or AJ Brown. Honestly, with Theilen being near the top of the league, we kind of have a number one? Which equates to it still being a waste of time. You drafted Mingo, you have Hurst, figure out a way to get them more involved in the offense. But, if you want a number 1 who can just get 50/50 balls, you go get Adams.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'd rather keep Chinn but the growing sentiment is he doesn't do poo and doesn't work here. Then yes, you throw in both players I want that first round pick. 

Adding a 1st makes the trade very different. But straight up for Adam’s would not make any sense at all. I still can’t say I see a big point in trading for a WR in decline though. If we are trading players it needs to be for future picks that we can reload with. Then we just need to find a GM capable of drafting talent lol

• Pie 1

also didn't realize there was another thread, so delete if needed. The Raiders aren't going anywhere and never will, esp with McDaniels. The whole reason Adams went there was to be with Carr, who is gone. There clearly is an opportunity to get better here so saying there's no chance is flat out wrong. May not contend this year, but damn 30 isn't retirement age, dude has at least five years left. 2-3 more years if we aren't doing something then definitely all hope for this franchise is lost. I think you roll the dice. If we settle on a loser like Jeudy who is basically another Claypool, then fug it hope is lost now.

Adding a 1st makes the trade very different. But straight up for Adam’s would not make any sense at all. I still can’t say I see a big point in trading for a WR in decline though. If we are trading players it needs to be for future picks that we can reload with. Then we just need to find a GM capable of drafting talent lol

Is he in decline? Or is he just a Raider? Randy Moss was also a Raider.

Edited by RumHam

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Is he in decline? Or is he just a Raider? Randy Moss was also a Raider.

He’s in decline because he’s at the age where all WRs begin to show their age. Doesn’t mean he can’t be really good for another 2-3 years but Bryce needs someone he can develop and grow with for the best decade. That isn’t Adams. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Beer 1

He’s in decline because he’s at the age where all WRs begin to show their age. Doesn’t mean he can’t be really good for another 2-3 years but Bryce needs someone he can develop and grow with for the best decade. That isn’t Adams. 

OMG HE DOES. WAIT, I'M THINKING, DIDN'T WE JUST DRAFT THAT IN THE SECOND ROUND?

The entire #1 discussion is moot. It's not a personnel issue, its a coaching issue. HOWEVER, since TEPPER is the one that think's this is the solution, you go get Adams. It's not going to fix anything. Since Tepper has been here, we have tried to make splash trades or signing at really weird times. COINCIDENCE!? No, it's never been Hurney or Fitterer. They're tasked to do his bidding for his middling in affairs.