• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vick/others linked to steroids?

Johnny Rockets

Didn't see this posted and just heard an interview about the story and it is quite interesting......supposedly there are many other names linked but they have not been named. Might never now the whole truth since the lead witness is dead.

*Edit...I meant to put a ? mark at the end of the thread title.*

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/82535532.html

Michael Vick has told federal investigators that he never used performance-enhancing drugs, but Plano, Texas, steroids trafficker David Jacobs told the Dallas Morning News before his death that he was Vick's supplier when the quarterback played for the Atlanta Falcons.

The News did not publish Jacobs' allegations against the NFL quarterback now with the Eagles because authorities at the time declined to confirm Vick was part of the Jacobs investigation.

But a newly released document shows that federal agents and prosecutors questioned Vick about steroids and human growth hormone while investigating his dogfighting ring in the fall of 2007. He denied using the drugs

i hope he gets fried for something! Electrocuted is better!

Leave me out of this scandal please. :D

Anyway......if he is still playing after all the other sh!t he has done, and has obviously gotten away with by NFL standards.........I don't think they are gonna give a damn about this either.

Just wonder who will have to take the fall, to save his ass again.

is it just me or does steroid use in football not seem to be as big of a deal as steroid use in baseball?

Well when the day comes that it is proven that half the league is on something than put me in the front of the line of people not surprised. Especially with no testing done for HGH (the most popular steroid). But drug testing in all sports is a joke (unless there are any that allow blood tests).

There have been plenty of whispers, and stories about this kind of stuff in the NFL and that is how it was in baseball until they were forced to do something about it and Congress stepped in.

Kind of like the concussion thing. It was going ignored by the NFL until Congress was about to step in and that changed everything and it is now one of their most important issues. (HBO's Real Sports did a great piece on it)

Archived