• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Justin Fields as a backup next season?

CamWhoaaCam

I still think Bryce Young is a huge question mark moving forward with his ability to stay healthy. I think we need to have a legit backup QB in case Bryce goes down with a injury or is not living up to expectations of a #1 overall pick. Why not bring in a talented QB like Fields. We know he's still growing as a QB but as a low risk high reward signing I wouldn't mind having him behind Bryce. Maybe they push each other to get better.

Thoughts on Fields as backup QB next year?

• Poo 11

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I still think Bryce Young is a huge question mark moving forward with his ability to stay healthy. I think we need to have a legit backup QB in case Bryce goes down with a injury or is not living up to expectations of a #1 overall pick. Why not bring in a talented QB like Fields. We know he's still growing as a QB but as a low risk high reward signing I wouldn't mind having him behind Bryce. Maybe they push each other to get better.

Thoughts on Fields as backup QB next year?

Lol!! Uhh no..I would keep red rifle.. need experience not another knucklehead!!! Plus Chicago will want something!! I think giving the the number 1 or 2 pick is enough!

• Pie 2

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wait what did Fields do to make him a knucklehead?

I used the wrong wording there!! I am just not thrilled with his playing and don’t see it as an advantage having him on the bench!!  I like Dalton as a backup for one more year for Bryce!! I am hoping Bryce can get it together!! We will see with Brown calling the plays now

3 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I used the wrong wording there!! I am just not thrilled with his playing and don’t see it as an advantage having him on the bench!!  I like Dalton as a backup for one more year for Bryce!! I am hoping Bryce can get it together!! We will see with Brown calling the plays now

That's fair. Im just looking at it like low risk high reward. I think he will push Bryce knowing that he has a younger QB behind him coming for his job. Dalton is cool but we know what he is already. I think Fields would offer more to the offense if Bryce gets injured.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's fair. Im just looking at it like low risk high reward. I think he will push Bryce knowing that he has a younger QB behind him coming for his job. Dalton is cool but we know what he is already. I think Fields would offer more to the offense if Bryce gets injured.

I see your point for a younger backup.. I am just not impressed with Fields!! Young is a huge question mark!! I was so wanting Stroud but started having hope on this staff  was seeing stuff in Young we don’t!! But again the fan base as forgotten we have switched schemes with the coaching and we just don’t have the right guys on team.. it’s an utter mess!!

1 minute ago, DamnItJake! said:

I see your point for a younger backup.. I am just not impressed with Fields!! Young is a huge question mark!! I was so wanting Stroud but started having hope on this staff  was seeing stuff in Young we don’t!! But again the fan base as forgotten we have switched schemes with the coaching and we just don’t have the right guys on team.. it’s an utter mess!!

I don't really have a take on this topic, but just want to say I really appreciate your enthusiasm and use of "!" even in your username

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, jb2288 said:

I don't really have a take on this topic, but just want to say I really appreciate your enthusiasm and use of "!" even in your username

Haha!! My username comes from when we had bad games with Delhomme.. my wife bought me a Panther Voodoo like soft doll to throw so I wouldn’t break the tv!! And I always said Damn It Jake!! 

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

No. 

He’d beat out Bryce, and I thought we were trying roll with Brycie for atleast 3 years

This is why we should bring him in. He will push Bryce. Andy Dalton just can't apply that kind of pressure. I want to see what Bryce looks like with a legit QB behind him.

• Flames 1