• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Avalanche 9pm

Panthers Fan 69

Some quick stats. Offense is ranked 4th in the league at 4.6 goals a game. Defense….allowing 4.8 goals ranked 32nd in the league. 

it’s clear as day running the 11-7 is not it. Orlov sitting at a -10 is atrocious.  Tony D is playing like Philly Tony D. 

Dougie took around 20 games to get used to playing with us 5 years ago. Burns took about 15 games. However neither was playing as bad as Orlov is right now.   Something that definitely is not helping is how bad raanta has been. If the goalie just makes routine stops, we will be ok. Hoping for Freddie in the pipes tonight, 12-6 alignment, Orlov getting better, and zero Tony D. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Good news is we can score. Bad news….just about everything else so far. See if we can play up to our competitor tonight. Colorado is 4-0-0 looking goo. Let’s get us a win! 

Records don't mean much this early, if Kochetkov starts and Aho is back we have a good chance.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I know the combination of Skjei and Pesce have been great but both are good enough to where they don’t really need to be together.

Give me:

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Pesce

Skjei - Chatfield

DeAngelo

I disagree strongly their chemistry is part of what makes them so goof together.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

I disagree strongly their chemistry is part of what makes them so goof together.

I’d agree if Pesce hadn’t already proven that he’s better with Slavin. If anything Pesce’s play has declined since he left Slavin’s side. 2018 was Pesce’s best year of his career, his partner was Slavin.

Skjei’s play has taken off but it’s been because he’s playing with a stay at home defensemen, which Chatfield also is.

Playing Orlov with Pesce would give Orlov a guy to rely on in the same way that Burns relied on Slavin when he got to Carolina.

Playing Skjei with Chatfield would still allow Brady to really focus on his offensive side but he’d also have Chatfield who is good defensively.

Let’s also not forget that the Skjei and Pesce combination wasn’t always elite. In 2021 it was average at best. The only reason it’s taken off is because Skjei is scoring a ton of goals, something he can still do beside Chatfield.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d agree if Pesce hadn’t already proven that he’s better with Slavin. If anything Pesce’s play has declined since he left Slavin’s side. 2018 was Pesce’s best year of his career, his partner was Slavin.

Skjei’s play has taken off but it’s been because he’s playing with a stay at home defensemen, which Chatfield also is.

Playing Orlov with Pesce would give Orlov a guy to rely on in the same way that Burns relied on Slavin when he got to Carolina.

Playing Skjei with Chatfield would still allow Brady to really focus on his offensive side but he’d also have Chatfield who is good defensively.

Let’s also not forget that the Skjei and Pesce combination wasn’t always elite. In 2021 it was average at best. The only reason it’s taken off is because Skjei is scoring a ton of goals, something he can still do beside Chatfield.

I guess I’m in the camp that doesn’t knock the Skjei and Pesce line nearly as much. I really think we could basically interchange every line and always have a player that can play defensive defense on it. The Orlov/TDA situation aside I think our issues aren’t defensemen or goalies. It’s fundamentals. We are not playing canes hockey for 3 periods. We haven’t the regular season so far.

Also 11-7 sucks. TDA needs to sit in my opinion. Burns should be QBing PP1 anyways. And PP2 should be Skjei QB Orlov in as left side blue line transition/shooter. Make TDA work for a slot or if we get an injury on the blue line. 

That said if we lose tonight and at Tampa I fully expect Rod to upend the entire roster. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1