• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Lightning 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

Another tough one tonight.

Like I said in another thread, Aho has a shoulder injury and how bad it is has been kept quiet.  The guy I know who works in the building said he thought it was worse than anyone was letting on and Seabass was going to try to play through it, but after watching him tonight and him not playing center I think we need to just bite the bullet and let him heal...ever what that takes.

Svech is close as his ACL wasn't completely torn and he had no other ligament/knee damage so his surgery was pretty straightforward and much less complex/invasive than a normal ACL injury, but again I don't want them to rush him back.  Give him more time...at least until mid-November, just my opinion.

Pesce has a hip issue and just like Aho they are keeping tight lipped about it.  Pesce might not be back this season, but like most hockey players he is going to try to rehab and play through it.  Just like shoulders it is hard to play through a hip injury and by playing you aren't giving it time to rest/heal.  Realistically if this team didn't have Cup aspirations I think Pesce would go ahead and have it surgically repaired.

Slavin's hammy is strained, but he's playing through it.  It's not major, but still can't be comfortable. 

Freddie got his bell rung and is still in the concussion protocol.  He has practiced, but he's also felt sick after practicing and is experiencing light sensitivity.  Not going to rush back, going to play Koochie and Raanta.  Koochie is our 1A at the moment.

Last but not least, Jordan has been playing through a stiff back.  It's muscle related, but he's out there trying.

We got some injury issues and we are in for a tough row.  I really hope the Canes take the conservative approach with all the guys and focus on getting them healthy/doing the right thing and then making a run when most of them are healthier.  Aho and Pesce's injuries worry me because both are candidates for surgery.  Both want to be on the ice to help the team, but when you can't play your best you are just continuing hurting yourself and the team.  Pesce is really not happy since it's a contract year, I feel bad for him.

Let's hang in there and support our guys. It's been a long time since we have been THIS banged up.

#LetsGoCanes

• Pie 3

35 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Like I said in another thread, Aho has a shoulder injury and how bad it is has been kept quiet.  The guy I know who works in the building said he thought it was worse than anyone was letting on and Seabass was going to try to play through it, but after watching him tonight and him not playing center I think we need to just bite the bullet and let him heal...ever what that takes.

Svech is close as his ACL wasn't completely torn and he had no other ligament/knee damage so his surgery was pretty straightforward and much less complex/invasive than a normal ACL injury, but again I don't want them to rush him back.  Give him more time...at least until mid-November, just my opinion.

Pesce has a hip issue and just like Aho they are keeping tight lipped about it.  Pesce might not be back this season, but like most hockey players he is going to try to rehab and play through it.  Just like shoulders it is hard to play through a hip injury and by playing you aren't giving it time to rest/heal.  Realistically if this team didn't have Cup aspirations I think Pesce would go ahead and have it surgically repaired.

Slavin's hammy is strained, but he's playing through it.  It's not major, but still can't be comfortable. 

Freddie got his bell rung and is still in the concussion protocol.  He has practiced, but he's also felt sick after practicing and is experiencing light sensitivity.  Not going to rush back, going to play Koochie and Raanta.  Koochie is our 1A at the moment.

Last but not least, Jordan has been playing through a stiff back.  It's muscle related, but he's out there trying.

We got some injury issues and we are in for a tough row.  I really hope the Canes take the conservative approach with all the guys and focus on getting them healthy/doing the right thing and then making a run when most of them are healthier.  Aho and Pesce's injuries worry me because both are candidates for surgery.  Both want to be on the ice to help the team, but when you can't play your best you are just continuing hurting yourself and the team.  Pesce is really not happy since it's a contract year, I feel bad for him.

Let's hang in there and support our guys. It's been a long time since we have been THIS banged up.

#LetsGoCanes

Since I have no pie left to give, this is all I can offer you...

GIF by The Last Man On Earth

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 4

5 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

#LetsGoCanes

And of course our two prospects are injured too… let’s see how we do with last change cause we couldn’t generate poo last night. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

This looks like a typical Canes game, close but not cigar.

We've played 7 games out of 82 if anything from the past five years these are the anomaly not the rule...

THURSDAY we should see our full lineup (maybe minus Pesce) but I'd bet we get Anderson and SVECHNIKOV back.

1 minute ago, BY9Franchise said:

We've played 7 games out of 82 if anything from the past five years these are the anomaly not the rule...

THURSDAY we should see our full lineup (maybe minus Pesce) but I'd bet we get Anderson and SVECHNIKOV back.

Problem is Aho is not 100% and may not be 100% the rest of the season, Jordan is not 100%, Slavin is not 100%.  Pesce probably won' be 100% the rest of the way.

This is going to be longer than a couple of weeks, especially for Aho unless his shoulder really isn't that bad.  Also for Pesce who we haven't heard too much about.

Full disclosure on the post I made about the guys being banged up:  the person who works inside the building isn't a team doctor or trainer, but handles ice/building/looker room operations.  I just wanted to clarify because I don't want anyone saying "well Davis knows the cousin of the brother of the husband's wife of the medical trainer and he has said so and so."  These are just observations that have been made or things overheard in the arena/locker room and should be taken as speculation. 

The team is banged up early on and I think we have to temper our expectations.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

And of course our two prospects are injured too… let’s see how we do with last change cause we couldn’t generate poo last night. 

Yeah, I was hoping Pono and Suzuki would get some meaningful playing time this year to see where they are.  I was higher on Pono, but Suzuki had a solid training camp.

I like Drury and thinks he plays as hard as he can, but he's a career 4th liner who has already expressed frustration about his playing time.  He is getting it now and the production isn't there.

• Pie 2

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

Problem is Aho is not 100% and may not be 100% the rest of the season, Jordan is not 100%, Slavin is not 100%.  Pesce probably won' be 100% the rest of the way.

This is going to be longer than a couple of weeks, especially for Aho unless his shoulder really isn't that bad.  Also for Pesce who we haven't heard too much about.

Full disclosure on the post I made about the guys being banged up:  the person who works inside the building isn't a team doctor or trainer, but handles ice/building/looker room operations.  I just wanted to clarify because I don't want anyone saying "well Davis knows the cousin of the brother of the husband's wife of the medical trainer and he has said so and so."  These are just observations that have been made or things overheard in the arena/locker room and should be taken as speculation. 

The team is banged up early on and I think we have to temper our expectations.

All are Knicks and grinds its the type of stuff everyone has come playoff time.... they need to just tread water for a few weeks, I for one don't care about regular season accolades, NHL injury reports are so dang vague we really don't know... this team has a ton of talent if they have to suck for a month or so I still don't see it keeping them out of the playoffs entirely this year has always been about a cup run so as long as they get in the playoffs it won't matter, and I definitely haven't seen enough hockey yet to think that's in any serious jeopardy...

It's basically been Murphys law for the Canes so far this season.

• Beer 1

Just now, BY9Franchise said:

All are Knicks and grinds its the type of stuff everyone has come playoff time.... they need to just tread water for a few weeks, I for one don't care about regular season accolades, NHL injury reports are so dang vague we really don't know... this team has a ton of talent if they have to suck for a month or so I still don't see it keeping them out of the playoffs entirely this year has always been about a cup run so as long as they get in the playoffs it won't matter, and I definitely haven't seen enough hockey yet to think that's in any serious jeopardy...

It's basically been Murphys law for the Canes so far this season.

Yep, teams are really tight lipped about injuries and rightfully so.  If other teams know about a player's injury who is trying to play through it, trust they are going to punish them as much as possible.

Maybe I should go to all the NHL message boards and say Koochie's glove hand is broken so teams will quit going 5 hole on him!!  😂😂😆

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yep, teams are really tight lipped about injuries and rightfully so.  If other teams know about a player's injury who is trying to play through it, trust they are going to punish them as much as possible.

Maybe I should go to all the NHL message boards and say Koochie's glove hand is broken so teams will quit going 5 hole on him!!  😂😂😆

Hahaha this is a fact! I'm just saying I don't see them missing the playoffs especially after looking at the schedule and seeing how soft the final 20 games are only 4/20 against likely playoff teams. 

We all know how much better the boys are at home and we have played exactly 1 home game...

I think penalties will go down like they do every season (first month they call whatever was a focus in the offseason and then it tapers off yeah a slow start isn't fun but four losses aren't enough to sink the ship.... we had 2 five game losing streaks last season hockey has its ebbs and flows we just hit our divet early this season.

7 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I swear the long range stuff really is his weakness unsprisingly (it was always in his scouting report) I honestly really do think he might need Lasic

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

I swear the long range stuff really is his weakness unsprisingly (it was always in his scouting report) I honestly really do think he might need Lasic

PK actually looked good last night...defense helped him ZERO. 2 on deflections right in front of net and a 1 timer from 15ft....idk many goalies that will stop that shot. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, panthers81 said:

PK actually looked good last night...defense helped him ZERO. 2 on deflections right in front of net and a 1 timer from 15ft....idk many goalies that will stop that shot. 

I disagree. He looks blind in his past few games. He’s not tracking the puck well until people get in close. We need Andersen back asap.