• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they trade them both that D is going to get straight LIT UP. They're already bad and the only thing keeping them from being utterly atrocious is that pair of edge rushers.

Like I said earlier, I think they might be getting ready to make the switch from Rivera to Bieniemy.

(less emphasis on defense, more on offense)

Edited by Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Like I said earlier, I think they might be getting ready to make the switch from Rivera to Bieniemy.

(less emphasis on defense, more on offense)

I've been saying for weeks now they need to just cancel Rivera and give Bieniemy a test drive.

He has to quit his bad habit of completely abandoning the run. His OL sucks at pass protection and Howell is getting beat to poo. The kid is tougher than a $2 steak but damn... at some point the body will break.

OL play across the league pretty much sucks so I don't see anyone trading viable offensive linemen. You have a handful of good offensive lines and the rest of the league is varying levels of suck.

13 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

27 y/o Sweat instead of a 2nd rounder next year is nice for Chicago.  They can go full offense with the 2 firsts for a new coach.  

He's only under contract through the end of this season.

To keep him, they'll need to work out an extension or maybe franchise him.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He's only under contract through the end of this season.

To keep him, they'll need to work out an extension or maybe franchise him.

I think they had discussions with him already on an extension before making the deal official. And franchise tagging him probably get him for cheaper for one season than a new contract would have. 

Just now, Varking said:

I think they had discussions with him already on an extension before making the deal official. And franchise tagging him probably get him for cheaper for one season than a new contract would have. 

Possible. Don't know yet.

Common complaint I've heard from Bears fans is that Poles won't extend their own players but is willing to trade away draft picks for players on expiring contracts.

This may or may not turn out to be an example of that.

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

This, Jamo or Jalen Johnson would be an excellent forward-thinking move. Probalby comes down to assets going out from Carolina, which will most likely be too expensive for us.

Still holding out hope that TMJ + 4th gets us a reuniting of Bryce and Jamo Williams.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Possible. Don't know yet.

Common complaint I've heard from Bears fans is that Poles won't extend their own players but is willing to trade away draft picks for players on expiring contracts.

This may or may not turn out to be an example of that.

Probably because they aren't "Poles Players" since he just joined. So all these guys on the team are from a previous regime and none are up for extensions yet. 

Just now, Varking said:

Probably because they aren't "Poles Players" since he just joined. So all these guys on the team are from a previous regime and none are up for extensions yet. 

Does that matter if they're still good players though? Jaylon Johnson certainly isn't a bad player.

Roquan Smith is one of the names mentioned in these complaints.

The vikings are fuging stupid.  With the injuries they have and Cousins walking its damn near criminal that they dont just roll with Hall and target a qb in the draft.    This is the stupid type of moves from front offices that drive me bonkers.  WTF do they really think dobbs is going to bring 8 weeks into the season?