• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 9 or also known as 'As the Harbrough Turns'

jayboogieman

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think its being amplified because of how he handled the JJ drama and now hes got drama with a college coach. He is going to get a reputation as a drama seeker and less and less folks are going to want to chat with him in the future. 

The only drama was created by Doeren.

I mean ffs, I know he coaches at State so maybe his (Doeren’s) listening comprehension isn’t great but Steve didn’t even say State is a basketball school, he said they are looking toward basketball season.

Everyone knows State is neither a football or basketball school, they are a bass fishing school.

Pat McAfee has said so much worse in regards to clowning schools yet Doeren the moron chose to act like a damn child because Steve Smith said it. Hell, KIRK HERBSTREIT EVEN AGREED WITH STEVE… Why didn’t Dave call out Herbstreit?

You’re a fugging coach, take your flowers or your critique from the media, coach your team to a loss or victory, then fug off… that’s all there is to it. There was absolutely no reason to make Steve’s comments any more than what they were.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hey, it's all good. I get to watch Stroud go for 350 and 3 TDs against us tomorrow while Sam Howell gets sacked 17 times behind the worst NFL OL I've ever seen.

I love the game of football but damn, football fandom sure treats me like poo. I've never seen a team of mine win a championship.

Try being a Gamecock and Panthers fan. You look forward to football season, but by week 6 you just dread having to watch the games. Thankfully, I’ve been able to emotionally detach myself from both teams. I just laugh, turn the games off and go on about my day. 

1 minute ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

Try being a Gamecock and Panthers fan. You look forward to football season, but by week 6 you just dread having to watch the games. Thankfully, I’ve been able to emotionally detach myself from both teams. I just laugh, turn the games off and go on about my day. 

It ain't no different on this side of the border, bro.

At least we have basketball I guess.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The only drama was created by Doeren.

I mean ffs, I know he coaches at State so maybe his (Doeren’s) listening comprehension isn’t great but Steve didn’t even say State is a basketball school, he said they are looking toward basketball season.

Everyone knows State is neither a football or basketball school, they are a bass fishing school.

Pat McAfee has said so much worse in regards to clowning schools yet Doeren the moron chose to act like a damn child.

Steve invited the drama. You can say you don't think a team is about to win a game without trying to have an edgy take with it. He could have said a million other things where it wouldn't have been clipped and posted everywhere. But its good for ratings I guess. 

Just now, Varking said:

Steve invited the drama. You can say you don't think a team is about to win a game without trying to have an edgy take with it. He could have said a million other things where it wouldn't have been clipped and posted everywhere. But its good for ratings I guess. 

They were going through their picks… did you watch the segment?

It was on Gameday and the panel goes through a few select games. Clemson vs. NCSU came up and Smith said I’m going with Clemson, NCSU is already looking toward basketball season… KIRK HERBSTREIT CHUCKLED AND THEN SAID I AGREE.

Why didn’t Dave go after Herbstreit?

This whole thing is a nothing burger and Dave is just trying to keep State relevant. Literally every other coach and I mean every other coach would have ignored it.

18 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

They were going through their picks… did you watch the segment?

It was on Gameday and the panel goes through a few select games. Clemson vs. NCSU came up and Smith said I’m going with Clemson, NCSU is already looking toward basketball season… KIRK HERBSTREIT CHUCKLED AND THEN SAID I AGREE.

Why didn’t Dave go after Herbstreit?

This whole thing is a nothing burger and Dave is just trying to keep State relevant. Literally every other coach and I mean every other coach would have ignored it.

Because Steve is the one who said it. I would bet if Kirk said it and Steve didn't then his comments would have been back at Kirk instead. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Buying teams has existed for many decades in college football. I am extremely happy it is at least public now.

The transfer portal has completely changed the landscape though. Now that guys don't have to sit out a year you have other programs actively recruiting your players. It's a mess. It'd be like if the NFL only had one year contracts and no salary cap. That's basically college football right now.

21 minutes ago, Varking said:

Steve is doing his job to be a TV troll. He is literally on a panel of other TV trolls.

I would also say, cool that DD got fired up and won them that game. So, is that what you need to win games you should win? You need media disrespect? You think maybe a better idea is to always have your team prepared, even when there isn't some media troll egging you on?

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Because Steve is the one who said it. I would bet if Kirk said it and Steve didn't then his comments would have been back at Kirk instead. 

The point still stands that the majority of college coaches would have ignored it and the one’s that didn’t sure as heck wouldn’t have told a media personnel to kiss their ass.

This was the least insulting dig I’ve ever heard from Steve Smith and it somehow drew one of the biggest reactions.

I don’t agree with how he handled the Jeudy situation because he aired their dirty laundry but this whole situation with Doeren is childish and it’s all coming from Dave.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The transfer portal has completely changed the landscape though. Now that guys don't have to sit out a year you have other programs actively recruiting your players. It's a mess. It'd be like if the NFL only had one year contracts and no salary cap. That's basically college football right now.

I am 100% fine with the transfer portal. College students can transfer as much as they want. Athletes should get the same.

I have never or will ever understand how anyone who claims to like college athletics could ever support such an insanely crooked and fuged up system as existed beforehand.

I have supported the idea of the NIL for almost 30 years now. I even wrote a paper on it in college. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I am 100% fine with the transfer portal. College students can transfer as much as they want. Athletes should get the same.

I have never or will ever understand how anyone who claims to like college athletics could ever support such an insanely crooked and fuged up system as existed beforehand.

I have supported the idea of the NIL for almost 30 years now. I even wrote a paper on it in college. 

NIL is fine with me. The kids should be able to profit. I've always thought the schools should have to commit to a four year scholarship as long as the kids stay academically eligible. I'd put the one year sit out rule back in place and make the schools commit to four year scholarships. I'd have some stipulations for waiving the sit out year like head coach or coordinator leaving, family circumstances, etc.