• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 9 or also known as 'As the Harbrough Turns'

jayboogieman

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I cannot comprehend this type of thoughts process at all. Look at where this program was. Fedora had us in the gutter. Look where we are now.

I'll never claim that Brown is a good Xs and Os guys or a good game day coach. He isn't. But he's a recruiter and a program builder and that's what we desperately needed. He has done what he was hired to do which was get this program back on track. The real trick is nailing the long-term replacement hire. Because everyone knew that Mack Brown was a short term fix.

You think the "program" (I wouldn't use that word) is back on track after losing to maybe the worst Power 5 Football "program" in America?  This type of thought process is why we aren't a program, and never will be.  

If Drake Maye's whole family didn't go to Carolina, and he didn't live in Charlotte he'd be leading Alabama (a real program) to a national title.  Instead he's here, being coached by dummies to lead us to another New Era Pin Stripe Bowl vs Rutgers.  

Go Heels. 

49 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The game is in the swamp so maybe they can keep it close and stay in it.  I will watch this one

24 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

In Jacksonville..

Yeah we play this game every year at a neutral site. Part of the history. But unless Kyle Pitts and Kyle Trask show up I don’t have much hope for this one. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Not a whole lot going on in the 12:00 slot unlike last week.  OU is going to poo on KU, ditto on IU and PSU, maybe Wake can make a game of it with FSU but that's not likely.

Yeah nothing too appealing today. Which means it’s right for a random upset nobody saw coming. 

5 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Not a whole lot going on in the 12:00 slot unlike last week.  OU is going to poo on KU, ditto on IU and PSU, maybe Wake can make a game of it with FSU but that's not likely.

Over 55 in the SMU game off to a good start.  That's our big play for the early games. 

I like KU first half as well, but didn't bet it. 

8 minutes ago, JVic said:

You think the "program" (I wouldn't use that word) is back on track after losing to maybe the worst Power 5 Football "program" in America?  This type of thought process is why we aren't a program, and never will be.  

If Drake Maye's whole family didn't go to Carolina, and he didn't live in Charlotte he'd be leading Alabama (a real program) to a national title.  Instead he's here, being coached by dummies to lead us to another New Era Pin Stripe Bowl vs Rutgers.  

Go Heels. 

Are you serious? Yeah, losing to UVA sucked ass but we're still 6-1. We still have a great shot at an ACC championship game and a NYE6 bowl. Yeah, we're out of the playoffs conversation and that sucks but realistically that was always a long shot. We're just not quite at that level of team just yet.

We went 3-9 and 2-9 in Fedora's last two seasons and we were recruiting horribly and our relationships with home state powerhouse HSs were in the tank. They were actively telling their kids to go anywhere BUT UNC. That's where we were. So yeah, I would absolutely say that we're back on track.

Carolina football is not Carolina basketball. Never has been. Hopefully one day we can get there but saying fug your coach who came out of retirement and a cushy commentator job to come back to the program he once built and always loved to try to pull it out of the gutter once again and has us 6-1 currently and is recruiting well is just being a shitty fan.

Sam Howell flipped his commitment almost immediately after Fedora was fired and Mack was hired. Mack coming back and Howell coming to UNC spurred the turnaround. Drake Maye is a legacy kid but does he come to Carolina if we're 2-9 with a coach who has actively pissed off every HS coach in NC? I don't know. I honestly doubt it.

Mack Brown never once said anything not glowing about UNC even after he left for Texas. He told anyone who would listen that this program is a sleeping giant. All he wanted from Carolina was to match the offer from Texas but they wouldn't even come close.

So no, even fully acknowledging Mack's deficiencies in Xs and Os and game day sideline coaching I absolutely cannot get onboard with "fug Mack Brown" energy. He was what we needed at the time. We just gotta get the successor hire right.

Meanwhile... WFU just dropped a gimme INT and FSU quickly scores a TD a few plays later. Those are the plays you have to make if you're gonna get the upset.

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Jordan Travis overthrew a WR and it landed in the stomach of a Wake Forest DB and he dropped it. Three plays later he fumbled a handoff and Wake couldn’t get to it. They’ve got to make those plays or it’s going to be ugly early. 

Yeah, Wake really did just blow two absolutely golden opportunities.

WFU is just not making the plays they have to make. Now they've dropped a pass that would've moved the chains leading to a sack on 3rd and long and a punt.

Three big blown opportunities in the first 7 minutes. You can't score an unranked over #4 upset doing this stuff. This is how you lose if you're #4 in that scenario.