• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders fire their leadership

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

sounds eerily familiar

It looks even worse for them. Bisaccia actually got his team in the playoffs as an interim.

I will say this like I've said before, it wasn't the wrong move to move on from Wilks, it was the wrong move to hire a retread coach instead of a young promising offensive mind like Steichen (whom Tepper didn't like because of his zoom call lol). If we were just going to hire Reich, you should have just kept Wilks. We are in that Browns, Raiders, Cardinals tier of bad franchises now.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Dave Ziegler, hired January 30th 2022...

Josh McDaniels, hired January 31st 2022

I've seen a couple of people talk about simultaneous hiring as if it were some kind of guarantee for success. 

It really isn't. McDaniels and Ziegler were hired together. Hell, they even had an extensive background of working together.

Hiring circumstances don't guarantee anything.

Thats the point, Davis made the hire not the GM.  Thats exactly what we are saying.  You need to pair them up and both have the same ideals and methods.  Does it always work, hell no but in theory its a good idea.  That way if a new gm comes in the head coach isnt immediately on the hot seat and vice versa

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is what that approach gets you.

Football doesn't work like real world businesses, at least not established ones. It's closer to a start up that you have to get off the ground...repeatedly.

Firing coaches after one or two years and thinking that will make you a winner is pretty much like guaranteeing your wealth and success by buying a lottery ticket.

(Shrugs) Problem is I don’t think Reich will have any success in year two because I think he is a bad coach. 
But whatever, here to hoping the Panthers can be good in 2024 in spite of Reich. 

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

(Shrugs) Problem is I don’t think Reich will have any success in year two because I think he is a bad coach. 
But whatever, here to hoping the Panthers can be good in 2024 in spite of Reich. 

Unless you've got some Urban Meyer style dysfunction going on behind the scenes, you're not gonna know something like that in just one year.

Plenty of coaches who turned out to be great got off to rough starts.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dave Ziegler, hired January 30th 2022...

Josh McDaniels, hired January 31st 2022

I've seen a couple of people talk about simultaneous hiring as if it were some kind of guarantee for success. 

It really isn't. McDaniels and Ziegler were hired together. Hell, they even had an extensive background of working together.

Hiring circumstances don't guarantee anything.

They shoulda just kept Gruden. 

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

They shoulda just kept Gruden. 

Not sure it even matters. It's the Raiders 😕

For what it's worth, Gruden had full control and a puppet GM but still ended up scapegoating him. Mind you, I'm not sure Mayock would have been any better on his own, but damn did he screw up a good broadcast career with that move.

Gruden, Mayock and Matt Millen are all examples of how it's easy to sound like you know it all until you're actually put to the test.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

More info from the other firing today...

Haven't read all the details yet, but yhe story's being compared to the firing of Alan Williams earlier in the year, so apparently it's related to some kind of off-field situation.

Yeesh 😳

Edited by Mr. Scot