• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School week 8

bigpoppa

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

should have drafted the guy who will torch us this sunday. Josh Downs.

You mean the guy averaging 59.1 yds/game?

Odd thing to be afraid of. Especially since he might miss the game with injury.

I have a much more impactful miss. How about 5th rounder Puka Nacua? 3rd in the NFL in receiving yardage. Now that is a miss.

Edited by kungfoodude

On 11/3/2023 at 9:50 AM, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and it's painfully obvious that it isn't all personnel on that OL. Each player individually played better for the previous staff. They literally just look confused and not on the same page too much in the game. You see it with the TE's, the RB's....our pass protection is just not good. 

Ikey is an easy target but almost everyone has been having mental lapses and errors.

The WR's just seems like more taking these square pegs and hammering them into round holes. If you know you are struggling with separation, why are you running some of these plays? Why are we not trying everything possible to scheme people open instead of relying on our dudes to just line up ans beat the guy in front of them? Not saying we don't do that but we aren't exhausting all efforts to make this as easy as possible for what we have.

To me that is the biggest theme on offense so far this season. Mismatched parts and not trying to make it as simple as possible for the what we do have. Stop trying to pretend these are perfect parts.

To be fair last year we weren't a top pass blocking unit, we were a top run blocking unit. The run game scheme change doesn't play to the strengths that we had with these guys last year and they are getting exposed in both the passing and running game because of it. Now we also have had revolving doors at both OG spots and only recently have we had serviceable play at those spots. Combine that with Icky and his mental lapses that continue to put him in bad situations during pass plays and yea it's not hard to see why they've underwhelmed so far. For as much as BC is overlooked not every piece on the line has to be pro bowl material, just serviceable and BC gives us that when he's healthy. Same with AC. These other guys....not so much but Throckmotton has been improving these last few games...I think.

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You mean the guy averaging 59.1 yds/game?

Odd thing to be afraid of. Especially since he might miss the game with injury.

I have a much more impactful miss. How about 5th rounder Puka Nacua? 3rd in the NFL in receiving yardage. Now that is a miss.

The whole league missed on him though. I think he was talking about players projected to go earlier in the draft who did go earlier in the draft.

BTW, 60 yards per game is a 1000 yard season.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The whole league missed on him though. I think he was talking about players projected to go earlier in the draft who did go earlier in the draft.

BTW, 60 yards per game is a 1000 yard season.

Yeah I am not scared if Downs this Sunday. Maybe if he has a real QB in a few years and improves. There is nothing he has that really concerns me.