• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Islanders 7pm

KingKucci

Just now, Harbingers said:

Like I said, orlov goal that he didn’t see got him jumpy. He never settled down after that. 

100% Tripp mentioned it as well. He he was playing super human and was then brought back to earth x 3. Momentum and confidence are HUGE, you shake it and you have an opening…. Our guys just never let him settle back in. He was reminded he is a human.

• Pie 5

Thing I like best…. A game like this against a quality team can build confidence. It lets you know that if you do the right things, play the right way every shift, most of the time we can pull it out. 

Builds confidence in the system and helps with new players buying in to the system and Rods way. This could be a propeller boys!

Edited by Darkseid89
Spelling
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Getting beat on faceoffs tonight won only 6 of 17.

Finished up the game 35/66 (54%)

Start out down 3 goals, winning only 35% of faceoffs...

Won 60% the rest of the way and scored 4 unanswered.

It's almost like puck possession is essential to our style of play. It's the only reason J.Staal is still a major piece of this team. He does a lot well, but his faceoff dominance is why he gets PAID!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Raants is always good for a few wtf goals per game. But, he has also, consistently, come up big when the game is on the line. He may never win a vezina trophy, but he can win you a playoff series or two!

He sucks until he gives up a 2-3 goal lead then he's like poo I'm gonna get benched better try.

17 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

He sucks until he gives up a 2-3 goal lead then he's like poo I'm gonna get benched better try.

I would love to see Rants get back to the play that won him and Freddie the Jennings Trophy in ‘22. But the whole teams defense has to step up for that to happen.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/amp/hurricanes_frederik_andersen_antti_raanta_win_william_m_jennings_trophy/s1_14825_37449228

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Finished up the game 35/66 (54%)

Start out down 3 goals, winning only 35% of faceoffs...

Won 60% the rest of the way and scored 4 unanswered.

It's almost like puck possession is essential to our style of play. It's the only reason J.Staal is still a major piece of this team. He does a lot well, but his faceoff dominance is why he gets PAID!

Like I said too the linesmen were really fuging with us in the first too. Basically as soon as our replacement(the most noticeable one was Jarvis) was there he just dropped the puck immediately Jarvis wasn’t even close to set. 

• Beer 1