• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The one possible attempt at a silver lining (?)

Dorian Gray

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I’m not mad at the defense at all. I think they have played admirably. When you looking at “points against” you have to remember a few things: 

You’d have to be a top 2 defense to be handed that field position repeatedly and not give up many points. 

So my silver lining is the defense has been better than the score has indicated outside of the Miami game but even in that game our defense scored points for us. 

Yeah, but that defense can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, can't pressure the quarterback. Our best work is in the red zone because we have so much less field to defend. 

Seriously. The defense sucks as bad as the offense, we just don't happen to have a player out there we spent two number one draft picks on who looks like he came from the wee tiny people of Gulliver's Travels.

200.gif

We need to call for a new plan.

Edited by Khyber53

11 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

What the Panthers accomplished under Ron Rivera cannot be understated.  The idea that a franchise as utterly pathetic and floundering as ours was able to go 15-1 and produce an MVP QB is absolutely mind-boggling.

Honestly, it had less to do with Rivera and more to do with the team we had. We actually had a great QB and unreal talent at D. I wish we had invested more in receivers, but it is what it is