• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets waive Michael Carter

top dawg

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not about this year. It's about trying to build a better roster moving forward. I was hoping he'd end up in Washington honestly. He fits them to a tee. Damn Arizona.

You are bordering on Big Kat territory with the Foreskins obsession.

I fail to see how a JAG is building a better roster. If we want to build a better roster it is time to start drafting worth a fug and making smart FA moves. 

Waiver wire signings isn't going to add a single win.

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are bordering on Big Kat territory with the Foreskins obsession.

I fail to see how a JAG is building a better roster. If we want to build a better roster it is time to start drafting worth a fug and making smart FA moves. 

Waiver wire signings isn't going to add a single win.

I don't give a damn about the Commanders. I've just always been a fan of Howell since his freshman year. The dude has it.

No one cares about adding a single win this year but we should be trying to get a little bit better overall whenever and wherever we can. No one is trying to say we're going to become contenders with a waiver wire signing.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

One thing is for certain, we have to do something.

You'd think, but the FO seems committed to tanking when it does us no good. Personnel---overall and game day---play calling, scheme, refusal to entertain trades for Burns and pick up some picks...we seem to want to force a square peg into a round hole this season. It's as bad as it has ever been in that regard. I'm sure that the Bears are thankful that we basically keep doing the same thing over and over again every game day. I mean, I suppose Scott and Frank are thinking, "You can't put lipstick on this pig." We'll just waddle in shít 'til the season ends. The off-season can't be any worse...I hope.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

LOL. Not according to the stats or the eye test. But, like I alluded to, we are allergic to making sensible moves, so it's no surprise that he ended up on the next team.

I mean....have you actually looked at the stats for someone like Hubbard and Carter? I mean per game averages and other metrics?

Why don't you show me how much better he is? Oddly enough, that stats don't show it. They show that, at best, he is about the same when I am doing a side by side on PFR.

But, I mean, by all means why not add a guy that will probably not see the field, not get used and not have an impact. I guess that could add another element of absolutely nothing to the offense.

Maybe people just haven't accepted the fact that Scott Fitterer and Frank Reich and Co. are in Charlotte. It definitely doesn't seem that way. Because if they did, everyone would realize that we could have traded for both Devante Adams and Tee Higgins and this offense would only have gotten marginally better.

There isn't a single thing that is going to transpire personnel wise for the rest of the season that is going to matter except for a hardcore Bears fan worried about if they will be able to land a #1 overall.

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....have you actually looked at the stats for someone like Hubbard and Carter? I mean per game averages and other metrics?

Why don't you show me how much better he is? Oddly enough, that stats don't show it. They show that, at best, he is about the same when I am doing a side by side on PFR.

But, I mean, by all means why not add a guy that will probably not see the field, not get used and not have an impact. I guess that could add another element of absolutely nothing to the offense.

Maybe people just haven't accepted the fact that Scott Fitterer and Frank Reich and Co. are in Charlotte. It definitely doesn't seem that way. Because if they did, everyone would realize that we could have traded for both Devante Adams and Tee Higgins and this offense would only have gotten marginally better.

There isn't a single thing that is going to transpire personnel wise for the rest of the season that is going to matter except for a hardcore Bears fan worried about if they will be able to land a #1 overall.

I think people are thinking more long term than just this season, but who knows? Maybe we'll acquire another marginal back at premium prices.

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

I think people are thinking more long term than just this season, but who knows? Maybe we'll acquire another marginal back at premium prices.

Yeah, if a mid-season waiver wire JAG is in your long term plans, those plans aren't good.

That's the point. We heard all this crap about "bottom of the roster churn" from Fitt. Well what the fug has that accomplished so far? You know what matters more? The top of the roster. 

Which, hey, at least we are consistent because the top and bottom of the roster fuging stink.

I am past worrying about dumpster diving. We need to see the owner smarten up, get a legitimate NFL GM in here and a coaching staff that isn't going to beat their brains against the wall when something obviously isn't working. 

Until most of that transpires, why the fug would any of us worry about a 3rd string RB?

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Huddle: Somebody got cut, better sign them

We don't use Blackshear properly, who should probably be starting at this point.

Blackshear is averaging 2.7ypc this season and 3.1ypc on his career. I like him as a returner, but he hasn't done much at all as a RB. He has 241 total yards from scrimmage on his career. 

Carter had over 1600 in his first two seasons prior to them simply stopping using him this year.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trent Williams and Tyreek Hill aren't available, so fug it. Let's not do anything to attempt to improve and let's just sit around and bemoan that Trent Williams and Tyreek Hill aren't available.

Hell, it sounds like you're ready for a job with the Panthers! 😂

Okay Scott. What boneheaded move do you have next?

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂

You're acting like we're asking us to make some big risky move. But nah, you're right. 1-8. Trust the process I guess.

And you aren't acting like signing some scrub is going to mean a Superb Owl is imminent.

Have you actually watched any Panthers football this year? Or have you been too busy fanboying for the Redskins?

You notice any attempt to make any changes regardless of personnel?