• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlov

Panthers Fan 69

35 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

He needs to play with Pesce.

Skjei and Pesce can anchor their unit. Orlov and TDA can’t. It’s time to split them up.

Honestly I’d rather split Burns and Slavin. It’s not a permanent solution, IE: a full season thing burns should do, but it’s a jump start. 

• Beer 1

I'm not ready to give up on Orlov just yet. But, I think we all can see that Orlov - Chatty/TDA 3rd pair ain't working.

We've had 9 different pairings play at least 10 min together on the season. Sorted by Corsi% and xGF%, a few things start to stand out.

Screenshot_20231116_131951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a7b6baac06ab7492c9f9f3cff7aae3a.jpg

Clearly, Brady Skjei is a cyborg sent from the future to pacify humanity skating circles around anthropocene era humans.

Screenshot_20231116_132038_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1570252d18dccfa30c7a823217f0080e.jpg

Seriously, Skjei is not human.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

Tony, on the other hand...

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

52 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

For some reason, Pesce has skated almost exclusively with Skjei. As good as they are together, I can't help but think our defense, and overall game, would be greatly improved by breaking them up.

The only problem is that Pesce, Chatty and TDA are pretty much, solely, right hand Dmen. Pesce being the only of the 3 to skate on the left side at all this season. Though, I seem to remember Jalen switching sides a good bit last season.

TLDR: My ideal pairings...

Orlov - Skjei (64.8 CF%, 68.2 xGF%)

Burns - Slavin (62.9 CF%, 58.4 xGF%)

Pesce - Chatty (unknown)

TDA

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I'm not ready to give up on Orlov just yet. But, I think we all can see that Orlov - Chatty/TDA 3rd pair ain't working.

We've had 9 different pairings play at least 10 min together on the season. Sorted by Corsi% and xGF%, a few things start to stand out.

Screenshot_20231116_131951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a7b6baac06ab7492c9f9f3cff7aae3a.jpg

Clearly, Brady Skjei is a cyborg sent from the future to pacify humanity skating circles around anthropocene era humans.

Screenshot_20231116_132038_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1570252d18dccfa30c7a823217f0080e.jpg

Seriously, Skjei is not human.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

Tony, on the other hand...

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

For some reason, Pesce has skated almost exclusively with Skjei. As good as they are together, I can't help but think our defense, and overall game, would be greatly improved by breaking them up.

The only problem is that Pesce, Chatty and TDA are pretty much, solely, right hand Dmen. Pesce being the only of the 3 to skate on the left side at all this season. Though, I seem to remember Jalen switching sides a good bit last season.

Pesce - Chatty (unknown)

TDA

As I said above I’d rather

Orlov - Slavin

Skjei - Pesce

Burns - Chatty/TDA… preferably chatty.

But I agree we gotta try something at this point. Even if it’s splitting one of the longest tenured defensive pairings in the NHL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

As I said above I’d rather

Orlov - Slavin (73.3 CF%, 78.3 xGF%)

Skjei - Pesce (63.3 CF%, 64.4 xGF%)

Burns - Chatty (33.3 CF%, 82.7 xGF%)

or

Burns - TDA (75.0 CF%, 51.0 xGF%)

Eta: stats

Not sure why, but Burns seems to be Chatty's worst pairing and vice versa. Too much machismo on the ice, I guess...

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Pesce - Chatty (unknown)

Not sure how I missed it in all my sorting, lmao. But, Pesce - Chatty have skated together for a total of 17 seconds this season. Posting a perfect 100% Corsi and xGF.

Clearly this should be our top pair!!!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Honestly I’d rather split Burns and Slavin. It’s not a permanent solution, IE: a full season thing burns should do, but it’s a jump start. 

The problem is I think if you split those two, the same things people are saying about Orlov will start to be said about Burns.

Slavin, Pesce, Skjei, and at times Chatfield have shown they can anchor a unit. Burns, Orlov, and TDA all need to play with defensive defensemen.

I’d go:

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Pesce

Skjei - Chatfield/TDA

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Are we worried yet that this guy was a bad signing? 2 goals last night were on his man.  Again.   We have tried him with everyone and it’s not working. 

would rod bench him for chatty and Tony D?

7 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Skjei and Pesce can anchor their unit. Orlov and TDA can’t. It’s time to split them up.

You guys need to read my (lengthy) post on this very subject in the Canes Flyers thread from earlier this morning.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yeah, neither of them have ever played on their off-side (they're both lefties).

Orlov-Skjei have the 5th most ice time of any pairing combo this season. Brady skates his off side (on the right) when they are on the ice together.

• Pie 2