• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlov

Panthers Fan 69

26 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Orlov-Skjei have the 5th most ice time of any pairing combo this season. Brady skates his off side (on the right) when they are on the ice together.

I really don’t get what Rod/Tim are doing I somewhat get it with Pesce back now but from before. Every time they pair Orlov and Skjei for a game orlov made progress and looked a lot more settled. Then they would immediately go back to orlov and TDA. Even though it’s obviously our weakest pairing. Then we lose, then they would go back to Orlov Skjei… makes no sense to me. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Orlov-Skjei have the 5th most ice time of any pairing combo this season. Brady skates his off side (on the right) when they are on the ice together.

But the stats don't explain how 2 lefties are on the ice together when they typically don't play their off side. 11 of the first 15 games of the season on the road and not having last change greatly effects who is on the ice at any given stoppage.

I would venture to say that despite the ice time they've enjoyed together thus far, it's not been intentional. Especially given the fact Skjei has absolutely zero career history of playing his off side.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I really don’t get what Rod/Tim are doing I somewhat get it with Pesce back now but from before. Every time they pair Orlov and Skjei for a game orlov made progress and looked a lot more settled. Then they would immediately go back to orlov and TDA. Even though it’s obviously our weakest pairing. Then we lose, then they would go back to Orlov Skjei… makes no sense to me. 

It doesn't make sense because Skjei, as I've said before, has no career history of playing on his off side. Although I'm sure he has done so, as evidenced by the Orlov experiment, how much of his offensive game is lost on his off side? Look at the Pesce - Skjei pairing. Skjei is the guy who will jump up long before Pesce will. And I would hazard a guess that watching back any of the games when Orlov and Skjei were on the ice together that Skjei stayed back and rarely, if ever, had a shot on goal from the right side.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Hindsight being what it is…those two should have never been signed here. 

It's still a bit early to give up on Demi compltely...

We know dude can play, just gotta figure out how/if he fits in our system.

Tony can fly his ass to the moon for all I care at this point...

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

It's still a bit early to give up on Demi compltely...

We know dude can play, just gotta figure out how/if he fits in our system.

Tony can fly his ass to the moon for all I care at this point...

Ya I haven’t given up on Orlov… he shows flashes when he’s not partnered with TDA. I feel like Donny Wads kinda fuged up with the TDA trade, not trade, signing. 

• Beer 1

Canes shake up defense

"It seems that Rod Brind'Amour has once again reached his limit with his defense's lapses."

Tone-Loc_Loc-ed_After_Dark_CD_cover.png.553481176e9f8ae7e0665d90117419b0.png

"For the remainder of the game, Dmitry Orlov ended up paired with Brett Pesce and Brady Skjei was with Tony DeAngelo, but Skjei and Pesce still wound up back together more often that not for key moments."

Excited Scott Evans GIF by NBC World Of Dance

"During the morning practice, it appeared that Jalen Chatfield had swapped back in on the third pair alongside Orlov, with DeAngelo rotating in as a healthy extra."

127490575_81zfJsN-pnL._AC_UL600_SR600600_.png.fafe1a5af355b71c9bf8e7f0e3ee148e.png

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Canes shake up defense

"It seems that Rod Brind'Amour has once again reached his limit with his defense's lapses."

Tone-Loc_Loc-ed_After_Dark_CD_cover.png.553481176e9f8ae7e0665d90117419b0.png

"For the remainder of the game, Dmitry Orlov ended up paired with Brett Pesce and Brady Skjei was with Tony DeAngelo, but Skjei and Pesce still wound up back together more often that not for key moments."

Excited Scott Evans GIF by NBC World Of Dance

"During the morning practice, it appeared that Jalen Chatfield had swapped back in on the third pair alongside Orlov, with DeAngelo rotating in as a healthy extra."

127490575_81zfJsN-pnL._AC_UL600_SR600600_.png.fafe1a5af355b71c9bf8e7f0e3ee148e.png

It’s curious that we are going slavo on PP1. 

• Beer 1