• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 6 was 100% on Mingo

thebdawg

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Josh Allen and Bryce Young couldn’t be more different.  Allen was a raw athletic freak with a low floor and high ceiling.  Young is the opposite of that.

Completely missing the point. 

Was Josh Allen making those throws his rookie year? Was he processing the game at a high level as a rookie? Or did he magicly get better when his receiving core improved? Sure the athleticism was always there, but there are a lot of great athletes that aren't great football players. 

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Was Josh Allen making those throws his rookie year? Was he processing the game at a high level as a rookie? Or did he magicly get better when his receiving core improved? Sure the athleticism was always there, but there are a lot of great athletes that aren't great football players. 

You’re missing the point.  A supporting cast isn’t gonna make Bryce Young NFL caliber.

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

No. You're reading way too much into this. I'm simply pointing out this is how you make the throw. The error was far more on Bryce than it was on Mingo.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen's rookie season is irrelevant. I'm talking only about these two specific plays. The DB was also on Mingo's heels in trailing position same is here. Both DBs jumped the route to go for the INT. Both receivers drifted slightly downfield. One QB anticipated this and lifted the ball over the DB leading his receiver downfield and the other threw a pick six. Bryce's throw in the Bills play would've also been a pick six.

It's not irrelevant. You're comparing the throw/decision of a 6th year pro bowl QB to a rookie. All I'm asking you to do is think about how Josh Allen played his rookie year with those receivers. Not his 6th year with these weapons. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

No. You're reading way too much into this. I'm simply pointing out this is how you make the throw. The error was far more on Bryce than it was on Mingo.

Right. And I'm saying that's something you learn in time. 

I agree Bryce is ultimately to blame for the pick. Mingo played a part - he absolutely did. Mingo could have prevented it. Mingo could have prevented the pick six. But it's on Bryce. He has to keep it away from the DB - unless he can trust his WR to make a play on the ball. He can't trust Mingo like that yet. He can't. 

9 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I agree Bryce is ultimately to blame for the pick. Mingo played a part - he absolutely did. Mingo could have prevented it. Mingo could have prevented the pick six. But it's on Bryce. He has to keep it away from the DB - unless he can trust his WR to make a play on the ball. He can't trust Mingo like that yet. He can't. 

That's what I keep coming back to. Bryce was drafted because of how mentally advanced he was supposed to be. We already knew his physical tools weren't great. What we've seen so far is that his physical tools are every bit as limited as many of us feared while his mental skills aren't as advanced as we hoped. I just don't see the physical upside for all the mental development in the world to yield a franchise QB 

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

You’re the one making josh Allen comparisons.  It’s so outrageous I couldn’t help myself.  Carry on

Bro. Linville used a Josh Allen pass to compare how the throw should have been made. He even inserted a whole video. I just pointed out the differences in the route of the WR and the tenure of the players involved. I would never compare Bryce to Josh, as they are COMPLETELY different QB types.

Stop being, whatever this is. It's unbecoming. A little outrageous actually. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what I keep coming back to. Bruce was drafted because of how mentally advanced he was supposed to be. We already knew his physical tools weren't great. What we've seen so far is that his physical tools are every bit as limited as many of us feared while his mental skills aren't as advanced as we hoped. I just don't see the physical upside for all the mental development in the world to yield a franchise QB 

I hear ya. 

I just think he's in a horrible situation and it's difficult to really get a gauge on who/what he is right now. You could be right. I don't know - yet. 

QBs make mistakes (young and old) when you make them uncomfortable on a play. Imagine being uncomfortable and unsure an entire game, because DBs are sitting on your routes, receivers can't really get separation, and most importantly your oline is getting you beaten to a pulp. All QBs will make mistakes with all that going on around them. Stroud was doing well today until ARI started to put a little pressure on him, then... not so much. 

10 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I’m the OP and I’ve changed my stance on it and agree with you. There wasn’t enough velocity on the throw. It’s definitely on Bryce as well as Mingo. If he lacks the arm to put the velocity he should’ve led him more. 

But as a receiver it’s so easy to tell when a pass is underthrown. And it’s so easy to know it’s going to be huge trouble if you are running a shallow cross/drag and you have a defender on your hip. You’ve got to either hold your route and box out a little or at least slow down and get a hand on the ball.

The last thing you can do is back up and basically swing the gate open for the defender and say here, take it. It’s hard for me to not place the blame more on Mingo knowing he could have prevented it with a very simple and routine effort.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Bro. Linville used a Josh Allen pass to compare how the throw should have been made. He even inserted a whole video. I just pointed out the differences in the route of the WR and the tenure of the players involved. I would never compare Bryce to Josh, as they are COMPLETELY different QB types.

Stop being, whatever this is. It's unbecoming. A little outrageous actually. 

Well I apologize but I’m just tired of the comparisons to other rookies that struggled.  Bryce is not playing like a rookie going through growing pains.  He is playing like a guy that’s getting completely exposed as someone who doesn’t belong in the league.

• Beer 1