• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB EPA Lost due to WR Drops

Varking

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Tell me with a straight face you wouldn't trade our group of WR's for theirs in an instant.

Beyond the oline issues here we just do not push downfield. We could have an elite WR and it wouldn't matter because we would just be throwing screens. The YPA doesn't lie.

On 11/22/2023 at 2:58 PM, ForJimmy said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-sam-howell-washington-commanders-sacks

There are some "stats" on how Howell is creating a lot of his own sacks.  It's from back in October so maybe some things have changed.  He is young and still learning, but people are painting a picture like he is a one man show over there in Washington. 

Sacks are a quarterback stat as much as they are an offensive line stat, and Howell is contributing to that number in a major way. Washington’s offensive line isn’t an elite unit, but it isn't the current problem. Outside of Week 6, Washington has started the same five offensive linemen each week, and not one has a pass-blocking grade lower than 60.0.

Here’s the breakdown of who has been responsible for the 34 sacks:

Sam Howell 15
Offensive Line 12
Other 7

Not only is Howell creating his own pressure, but he’s also turning offensive line-allowed pressure into sacks at an unsustainable rate. He currently leads the league with a 33.7% pressure-to-sack percentage. The league-high rate last season was 30.8%.

That's interesting to see. I watched the commanders Giants game last Sunday and whoever the Leno guy is on their oline got beat like a drum by thibodaux all game long.

I felt like I saw some stat that said that Sam Howell gets the ball out pretty quickly. I could be wrong though