• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT on Reich's status, Tepper's ownership

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

A first time HC coming in trying to rebuild everything that was torn down by the previous regimes would get a lot more slack than Frank Reich and his all star staff who were brought in expecting immediate results.

Self-awareness is not exactly a strong point on this team.

We were never really as good as they believed we were last season under Wilks.

• Pie 2

Reich can go, getting rid of him after a year won't deter people, Texans had two one and dones in a row and found their way to a near ideal situation.  Its not the ever growing impatience, it's the involvement.  

But there will be a guy who doesn't mind it and I imagine it could be another type that wants a lot of control and $$.  Who that is, we may not like or may not be ideal, but it's the corner we're in.  

Doubt we're getting Ben Johnson or any of the young promising coordinators.  

Juast hope we clean house GM, scouting dept, and coaching staff and redo this from the ground up.  We're stuck with Tepper so we'll just have to roll with his next overly involved gamble.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, UnluckyforSome said:

...better than Tepper. Not well enough to be a real contender though. Of course, we are in such a terrible an awful state that just about anything would be an improvement.

The biggest hope I have heading into next season is that we added Adrian Wilson to the front office.

He came aboard too late to really have an effect on this past offseason, but with a full offseason to work next year It might be different.

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Reich can go, getting rid of him after a year won't deter people, Texans had two one and dones in a row and found their way to a near ideal situation.  Its not the ever growing impatience, it's the involvement.  

But there will be a guy who doesn't mind it and I imagine it could be another type that wants a lot of control and $$.  Who that is, we may not like or may not be ideal, but it's the corner we're in.  

Doubt we're getting Ben Johnson or any of the young promising coordinators.  

Juast hope we clean house GM, scouting dept, and coaching staff and redo this from the ground up.  We're stuck with Tepper so we'll just have to roll with his next overly involved gamble.

The Texans hired a former player who loved the organization.

I don't know that we have anybody like that in the pipeline, although it kind of fits our current coach 😕

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm a fan of Reich, but he's disappointed me a lot this year.

The biggest problem is is attempt to force a scheme on personnel that don't fit, but I'm not happy with some of the depth chart decisions either.

All that said though, Florio is right. As long as Tepper is running things the way he is now, it's not going to matter.

Oh yeah Tepper sucks and we are screwed.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

We tried the dinosaur version who could implement a dated, 00s' San Diego Chargers offense.  

Original word was that Tepper wanted an established head coach.

At some point, the story became that we wanted a young offensive mind.

Then we interviewed the young offensive minds (except Johnson) and suddenly everything changed.

Hard to know what to believe at this point, except that it sounds like chaos.

10 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Oh yeah Tepper sucks and we are screwed.

I'm honestly approaching a point of near total apathy.

I have ideas about what I think should happen and shouldn't happen, but I'm not terribly passionate about them anymore because I'm not sure it matters.

• Pie 1