• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Mock Drafts

pantherj

4 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

That's a dangerous gamble imo.  He's had very significant lower body injuries 2 seasons in a row and is an unknown at center. 

i don't like our chances when we gamble with poo like that.

as seriously as we have taken getting the interior OL right this year, you'd think we would take center more seriously. i have to imagine that we will be addressing it in the draft unless there's some OC FA gem they are waiting to hear about.

Could be we will try to draft one and if not then we'll look into some other FA options.

7 hours ago, Martin said:

I would do Sweat instead of Wilson, but otherwise close to the ideal draft. I like the idea of Limmer getting a year or two behind Corbett and then taking over.

I put Wilson there because I got a feeling that's what the Panthers will do at 39.  I've been on Wilson since Morgan was hired, he's a former ILB and I feel he wants to make his stamp there like Ron did with Kuechly. When Kuechly put his stamp of approval on him it all but sealed it for me.  I think his value is in the 3rd but he won't make it that long so I can see them picking him at 39.

• Pie 2

three recents. i'd be cool with any mix and matching of these three. leaning more on the AD/Pearsall combo than AD/McConkey... seems like getting similar players while allowing for another roster upgrade at the 39ish pick. Isaac, Sweat and Tampa could all come in and have an immediate impact on next year's team

PFN_Draft_result_1711638671857.thumb.png.b57a179ca0a8ec24ddff48ad522e651d.pngPFN_Draft_result_1711667626067.thumb.png.5e339e4574d747701cf6bea2d5144365.pngPFN_Draft_result_1711668548684.thumb.png.60af1c8ae9a76f1473fbd1b2946469be.png

46 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Is Sweat at least more of a pass rusher? We already got some primarily run stuffing DTs and that's pretty high to pick yet another one 

I think so. I think the biggest thing for me is just having the most powerful DL in the league. If we go 3 wide, we've got the greatest most exhausting rotation in the league. If we get those 4 on the line together then good luck to any OL trying to stop or contain them.

And then adding Jonah Ellis is just another facet to it all. If you win in the trenches, then do everything you can to give you the most strength there.

I'm a fan of the idea that you not only make your OL and DL the most powerful in the league, but then every year you add to it or at least try to refresh it. One we've got both set, then use the draft as a way to keep it fresh.

I don't think we've got a dominant OL yet, but the interior is getting there. My only complaint with that draft up there is I didn't address center.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I don't think we've got a dominant OL yet, but the interior is getting there. My only complaint with that draft up there is I didn't address center.

Not sure if JPJ falls to 33, probably not, but, if he does, you just about have to turn in the card with his name on it.  It's more a visceral feeling but I keep coming back to the thought that we have to take one of the available centers that are starter capable by 65.  Would love for them to sit a year behind Corbett but I don't think we can count on Corbett's health and I'm not ready to rely on Cade Mays as the backup at C.  If Morgan has Tepper's blessing to treat this as a true multi-year rebuilding process, then maybe Morgan is content to have Mays as the backup in 2024.

Frazier, SVP or Bortolini at 65, whichever is still there works.  In full disclosure, I haven't looked at these three for fit in the new wide zone scheme so, someone can correct me here if they have.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Post Clowney pickup. Powers Johnson keeps dropping to R2 in this simulator for some reason but I really don't expect him to make it past the Cowboys and Eagles. 

Screenshot_20240329_111659_Chrome.jpg

I can really get behind this draft.  If Pearsall or Ellis are there are 101, it would be hard to pass them up.

Ok, the more I think about this one the more I like it.

PFN_Draft_result_1711735867295.thumb.png.460e03db0ba30d4d445fdb656caf091f.png

I like what it adds to the defense. Make that defensive  front even more dominant and a good corner who can hang with any WR in this draft.

We also  get a center prospect with some upside, we get a good versatile RB (there were about 4 good choices there) and we get a reliable receiver, a big play receiver, and a do it all receiver.