• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Ertz released from the Cardinals to sign with a contender

jasonluckydog

Come on down to Charlotte Zach. We need a TE and we are still technically fighting for a playoff spot...

Lol

Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz is ready to move on from the Arizona Cardinals, according to his friend JJ Watt. The team later confirmed the release.

Ertz reportedly made the request in hopes to sign with a Super Bowl contender and secure a second ring.

Watt, a three-time Defensive Player of the Year, broke the news Thursday. The retired edge rusher called out ESPN's Adam Schefter in the process, joking that the job of an NFL insider is easy.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/te-zach-ertz-requests-release-from-cardinals-to-sign-with-contender-jj-watt-reports-183137486.html

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He looks healthy so far.

He always looks healthy until he gets hurt late in the season due to the accumulation of more hits than his frame can take in a given season before giving way.

Look, I just don't like Lamar as a long term franchise QB, he's not a good enough passer and at some point, he won't be able to keep running, he's not a QB who is going to be effective when he gets into his 30's.  I'll admit that if he can stay 100% healthy through a postseason run, they of course could win a SB, but I feel like they only have a year or two left on that window before his body really starts to break down.  

But he hasn't finished either of the last two seasons, played 12 games in each of them, same as he's played this year, I guarantee the Ravens front office is nervous right now.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

He always looks healthy until he gets hurt late in the season due to the accumulation of more hits than his frame can take in a given season before giving way.

Look, I just don't like Lamar as a long term franchise QB, he's not a good enough passer and at some point, he won't be able to keep running, he's not a QB who is going to be effective when he gets into his 30's.  I'll admit that if he can stay 100% healthy through a postseason run, they of course could win a SB, but I feel like they only have a year or two left on that window before his body really starts to break down.  

But he hasn't finished either of the last two seasons, played 12 games in each of them, same as he's played this year, I guarantee the Ravens front office is nervous right now.

When he wins a SB all these questions go away.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

When he wins a SB all these questions go away.

No they won't, because if they win a SB, it will be because of their running game, Lamar's running, and their defense.

None of that will make questions about his passing or long term durability go away.

Sure, it will justify the contract, as pretty much any trade/contract is deemed worth it if it leads to a SB win.  The Rams gave up a stupid amount in the trade for Stafford who is falling apart now, but it got them a SB, so it was worth it.

Winning a SB and questions remaining aren't mutually exclusive

Winning a SB and a contract not being worth it are mutually exclusive

Big difference between the two.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

No they won't, because if they win a SB, it will be because of their running game, Lamar's running, and their defense.

None of that will make questions about his passing or long term durability go away.

Sure, it will justify the contract, as pretty much any trade/contract is deemed worth it if it leads to a SB win.  The Rams gave up a stupid amount in the trade for Stafford who is falling apart now, but it got them a SB, so it was worth it.

Winning a SB and questions remaining aren't mutually exclusive

Winning a SB and a contract not being worth it are mutually exclusive

Big difference between the two.

You just hate Lamar and that's cool.

I'm not about to debate you on a QB who looks to be headed towards his 2nd MVP.

We can just move on from this discussion lol

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You just hate Lamar and that's cool.

I'm not about to debate you on a QB who looks to be headed towards his 2nd MVP.

We can just move on from this discussion lol

I don't hate Lamar, I have no feelings towards Lamar.

I'm just able to objectively look at a player who is built the way he is, plays the way he does, hasn't been able to finish either of the last two seasons, struggles as a pure passer, and have serious concerns about how he'll hold up long term in this league.

We literally watched it happen to our own QB who was actually built to withstand having that type of game.

He was fine for a number of years, then once he started to get dinged up, they quickly compounded on top of each other and he went from elite to out of the league in just a few years because his body completely broke down.

Lamar couldn't finish his 4th or 5th seasons due to injury, Cam only missed 2 games in his 4th season and then won his MVP in his 5th season.  Lamar is already ahead of Cam's pace of his body starting to breakdown, it's not a wild rationale to have serious concerns about how much longer he'll last in this league (and hell, Lamar only started 7 games his rookie year, so he has even less wear and tear on his body than Cam did at this point and has had more injury issues).

Edited by tukafan21

46 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I don't hate Lamar, I have no feelings towards Lamar.

I'm just able to objectively look at a player who is built the way he is, plays the way he does, hasn't been able to finish either of the last two seasons, struggles as a pure passer, and have serious concerns about how he'll hold up long term in this league.

We literally watched it happen to our own QB who was actually built to withstand having that type of game.

He was fine for a number of years, then once he started to get dinged up, they quickly compounded on top of each other and he went from elite to out of the league in just a few years because his body completely broke down.

Lamar couldn't finish his 4th or 5th seasons due to injury, Cam only missed 2 games in his 4th season and then won his MVP in his 5th season.  Lamar is already ahead of Cam's pace of his body starting to breakdown, it's not a wild rationale to have serious concerns about how much longer he'll last in this league (and hell, Lamar only started 7 games his rookie year, so he has even less wear and tear on his body than Cam did at this point and has had more injury issues).

That's cool bro. No need to explain yourself to me. Lamar is elite in my mind. I understand not everyone will have that opinion. It is what it is no big deal.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's cool bro. No need to explain yourself to me. Lamar is elite in my mind. I understand not everyone will have that opinion. It is what it is no big deal.

I mean, you still seem to miss the point.

It's not about whether he's elite or not, because yes, anyone can see he has an elite level impact on the game when he's in there.

But the best ability in the NFL is availability, and he hasn't been able to finish the last 2 seasons.

I just don't like his long term potential, solely due to that I don't see his body holding up for more than another year or two before it completely breaks down on him.  Think of him like an elite RB in today's game, once they get into their late 20's, their effectiveness starts to seriously wane because they just can't take the pounding their bodies take.

Sure, there are the outliers who fight through it, but they're usually built like a tank to withstand the beating.

Lamar is no tank, he's more like a motorcycle than even a car, one crash and he's in serious trouble.  And there is zero chance in hell that he is able to adapt his game to become an elite pocket passer, he just doesn't have that in his game, once his running game is taken away from him, he'll be an average QB at best.

Edited by tukafan21

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I mean, you still seem to miss the point.

It's not about whether he's elite or not, because yes, anyone can see he has an elite level impact on the game when he's in there.

But the best ability in the NFL is availability, and he hasn't been able to finish the last 2 seasons.

I just don't like his long term potential, solely due to that I don't see his body holding up for more than another year or two before it completely breaks down on him.  Think of him like an elite RB in today's game, once they get into their late 20's, their effectiveness starts to seriously wane because they just can't take the pounding their bodies take.

Sure, there are the outliers who fight through it, but they're usually built like a tank to withstand the beating.

Lamar is no tank, he's more like a motorcycle than even a car, one crash and he's in serious trouble.  And there is zero chance in hell that he is able to adapt his game to become an elite pocket passer, he just doesn't have that in his game, once his running game is taken away from him, he'll be an average QB at best.

You are a piece of work.