• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there a game today GameDay thread

Zod

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

I said prevent/contain, referring to the pass rush. It's pretty clearly man defense with safeties over the top but even then prevent is a concept moreso than an actual formation and refers to just wanting to avoid big plays. My words are being heavily twisted by a few folks.

Don't know if you made me, but I'm not twisting your words.

I'm just disagreeing with you.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know if you made me, but I'm not twisting your words.

I'm just disagreeing with you.

Nitpick word choice if you like even but ti's right there on the film. Those guys were not concerned about pressure, particularly obvious on the Mingo catch, or playing aggressive defense until after the Chark catch and it made life easier for Carolina.

That's all I've even been saying this entire time. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by KSpan

On 12/17/2023 at 4:18 PM, Bear Hands said:

I was brought on a ~monthish ago to try to help because I want to bring a solution to it and keep contributing discussion over mindless bashing of the board. Bashing the starting QB is still at least about football (until it goes to far or turns to spam)..but endlessly bashing posters and the board does nothing.  Helps nothing.  And just wastes time and space.  

Just because a mod isn't a Bryce fan does not mean we're restricting positive Bryce chat.  But he's overall played pretty bad so it's going to be magnified.  Just gotta make the arguments for him.   

Now, if you think there's sh*tposters being missed, then flag it and send it our way.  I'll get on it.  

Your efforts are appreciated.

Unfortunately this will be an issue going forward no matter what anyone does due to the status of the franchise. That is beyond any of our control.

As for the matter being discussed. It's important to note that the stance Icege is taking while there is some truth that there has been trolling here his proposed solution is basically another version of Poundaway and Iamhubby1 in wanting to censor and eradicate thoughts that he feels do not check the boxes he seeks. If one runs a community that way they won't have a community for very long. Not one dedicated to a sports franchise such as ours as historically inconsistent and now low as it has sunk in comparison to the rest of the league. The best thing to do is roll with the waves and try to keep the peace as best you can. But if anyone wants positive thoughts only I'd tell them to wake up to the real world. Social media is what it is and if negativity is not something someone wants to see then hey by all means ditch social media go back to a flip phone and just get off the internet. That works for some people. There's nothing wrong with that either.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, frankw said:

Your efforts are appreciated.

Unfortunately this will be an issue going forward no matter what anyone does due to the status of the franchise. That is beyond any of our control.

As for the matter being discussed. It's important to note that the stance Icege is taking while there is some truth that there has been trolling here his proposed solution is basically another version of Poundaway and Iamhubby1 in wanting to censor and eradicate thoughts that he feels do not check the boxes he seeks. If one runs a community that way they won't have a community for very long. Not one dedicated to a sports franchise such as ours as historically inconsistent and now low as it has sunk in comparison to the rest of the league. The best thing to do is roll with the waves and try to keep the peace as best you can. But if anyone wants positive thoughts only I'd tell them to wake up to the real world. Social media is what it is and if negativity is not something someone wants to see then hey by all means ditch social media go back to a flip phone and just get off the internet. That works for some people. There's nothing wrong with that either.

There's only so many times something needs to be said. Once is probably enough, repeating it constantly serves no benefit to anyone.  Once you've said something leave it at that, unless someone in the back couldn't hear you. No sane human would want to hear something repeated in every sentence or every conversation whether related or not. 

Arguing with a fool only makes you a fool. 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There's only so many times something needs to be said. Once is probably enough, repeating it constantly serves no benefit to anyone.  Once you've said something leave it at that, unless someone in the back couldn't hear you. No sane human would want to hear something repeated in every sentence or every conversation whether related or not. 

Arguing with a fool only makes you a fool. 

Oh I agree a number of takes have reached broken record status here. Some are able to more eloquently convey their thoughts though. Obviously the subject of our QB is contentious but this is rinse and repeat for us. It's been this way for well over a decade. The name on the jersey might change but this is simply what we do. It reaches a point on either side where you choose to continue to engage or not and ultimately that choice is on each individual. If you do that's the price of admission and constantly complaining about it is no better than anything else. Ultimately it all serves to degrade the overall experience so claims of perceived superiority from any side are silly.

Sometimes it's best to just laugh and move along. That's been the main approach to the local sports teams for me. I'll leave it at that.