• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Final Drive

Seltzer

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Your takes are fuging garbage.

It was a good drive.  Game winning drive's in the NFL are tough; it doesn't matter if you think it didn't meet the eye test.  

Sick of you and others insufferable bullshit.

They are insufferable over our rookie QB leading a game-winning drive in a monsoon... think about it... I'm just thankful plenty of other people see it too... this is like the Twilight Zone...

Bryce has had plenty of rough games this year, but his overall play was good given the conditions, and that last drive was elite.

There's nothing more to it than that, and these "Panthers fans" lose their minds...

Make it make sense....

6 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Holy crap, ths insanity with this stuff. Who gives a crap if this was 'the best game-winning drive' in years - it was still subpar play by objective football standards, especially Atlanta just gifting it. Full stop. Atlanta quit rushing the passer and inexplicably started playing prevent (watch Electro's tweet and tell me they're actualy rushing... they aren't), Bryce's throws were underthrown and slow as they commonly are sans the one to Chark that I'm not convinced was intentional becasue of his other accuracy issues, and he was dogcrap for the first 50 minutes of the game.

I'm not miserable at all - the bar is just so low with some of you that this crap football gets celebrated. Seriously, how is it being miserable to call things objectively? Takes like yours were a dime a dozen this offseason, including the snark about 'being miserable' and other similar things, but lo and behold I and those sharing my opinions were right. This season has been utter crap and it could be predicted a mile away by anyone paying attention.

If y'all are going to come in with nonsense like this thread then it's completely fair to have an opposing viewpoint.

we scored 9 points and people want to dunk on others so desperately, and yet we are the supposed "miserable" ones.  Its nuts.    I think there is a reason the QB school hasnt reviewed a young game in weeks, there is simply nothing there to see.  Hopefully he does one for the falcons game because I would love to get his take on the first 3.5 quarters.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Is that really true though?  We have have 2nd, 3rd, 4th, (2) 5th, 6th. Top of each round in 2, 3,4.

We should absolutely expect 1 starter and 1-2 additional contributors from that.     This is Fitts biggest problem , he has drafted like poo (and traded) and we have no depth because of it.

If Fitterer is here after January 8th then Tepper really is going full Jerry Jones and only keeping a token GM to try to insulate himself.

I like Bryce and want to see him succeed, but trading up and overestimating the roster he built is a fireable offense, and it better be for this fanbase's sake.

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Atlanta quit rushing the passer and inexplicably started playing prevent

This just isn't true. It was NOT a prevent defense. Failing to blitz isn't prevent defense... It's 3rd and 2 and they were covering the short passes.  Their four linemen had been beating our OL all day anyway.  They didn't drop back into deep zone or something...

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

They are insufferable over our rookie QB leading a game-winning drive in a monsoon... think about it... I'm just thankful plenty of other people see it too... this is like the Twilight Zone...

Bryce has had plenty of rough games this year, but his overall play was good given the conditions, and that last drive was elite.

There's nothing more to it than that, and these "Panthers fans" lose their minds...

Make it make sense....

elite?  Come on man, the throw to chark was elite as was the catch, thats it, everything else underthrown or floated

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we scored 9 points and people want to dunk on others so desperately, and yet we are the supposed "miserable" ones.  Its nuts.    I think there is a reason the QB school hasnt reviewed a young game in weeks, there is simply nothing there to see.  Hopefully he does one for the falcons game because I would love to get his take on the first 3.5 quarters.

What other monsoon game have you ever watched where there was a litany of offensive highlights?

Have you ever watched football before this season... I'm not sure how we are even watching the same thing.. and I'm seriously not trying to be mean in this instance... 

I'm tired of even going back & forth with you, I just don't even remotely understand some of your takes... in particular, this critique right here is completely untethered to objective reality IMHO.

Of course, there was nothing pretty about yesterday.  The point was that it was an ugly, ugly game where the normal offensive bug-a-boos showed up again repeatedly, but Bryce (and the rest of the offense b/c they deserve some credit too) persevered in the monsoon and came up big when it mattered most.

That's sports, at least as I have always understood it.  Regardless, I'm done engaging with you on this particular topic.

I hope you have a great rest of your day, and I mean that sincerely.  

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

elite?  Come on man, the throw to chark was elite as was the catch, thats it, everything else underthrown or floated

So you're really just going to pretend that it wasn't a monsoon out there yesterday with a ball slippery as fug with wind gusts... was Ridder slinging it around b/c I must have missed that?

Again, and not to be mean, but did you ever play football?  Or even any other sport out in weather like that?

Cause again, this is completely untethered from reality yesterday.  I'm at a loss as to why this should even be a question.

Of all the yearlong valid criticisms, this ain't it.  BY9 was amazing on that final drive, and we hope we will continue to build off that. 

Why can't we just leave it there?