• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evero Year 2

thunderraiden

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one or both opted out after how we did Wilks. I mean, what's the point of you're not going to get a shot at the real job? I honestly can't recall anyone leveraging an interim HC opportunity into a HC offer elsewhere. It's like the rest of the league says "well, if he can't stick after a test drive there why should we hire him?"

Possibly. I don't see brown leaving if we allow him to keep his OC job - I just don't think he is very good. Evero I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave

9 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Possibly. I don't see brown leaving if we allow him to keep his OC job - I just don't think he is very good. Evero I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave

We have one of the absolute worst offenses in the league. Keeping Brown would be insane. He's headed back to the position coach ranks after this year. 

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have one of the absolute worst offenses in the league. Keeping Brown would be insane. He's headed back to the position coach ranks after this year. 

100% agree. I thought I just read your previous reply of if they stay meaning that they could get jobs as the same role on another team. Evero 100% could, brown 0.001% chance could

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

That assumes he wants to stay. It's entirely possible that he may have other, better opportunities.

But even if he doesn't, no Tepper should not meddle again.

If Evero does not have head coaching opportunities elsewhere it is because people are not paying attention. I wish it was here. 

• Beer 2

1) He should be a serious candidate for head coach.

2) If he doesn't get the HC job, I have to believe that any offensive-minded coach we hire with any sense (not guaranteed to be the case, I realize) would jump at the chance to retain him as DC. I mean, what else can a guy prove? Two years in a row (last year in Denver, now here) he's coached great defenses despite being dragged down by inept offense and injuries.

10 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

If Evero does not have head coaching opportunities elsewhere it is because people are not paying attention. I wish it was here. 

I agree, but at the same time I don't get the sense that there are many owners out there who would be too eager to try and sell a coordinator from a 2-3 win team as his team's next head coach.

It's not fair, but it will surely be a factor.

• Beer 1