• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Season

jayboogieman

My wife and I went to Famous Toastery bowl Monday. We were about to leave when it was 28-0 ODU. But we stayed to watch the bands at the half. We stayed the whole game and I would put that up against any other bowl game yet to be played. IMG_20231218_181311650_HDR.thumb.jpg.c2dc5be7fdef66100d3df1f3dd5fcb66.jpg

• Pie 3

You know how I know the bowls are dead? I've never even heard of the majority of the sponsors and I don't even care to look into who they are. I just chuckle that they pissed their money away to slap their name onto a toilet bowl. 😂

This poo has to be abysmal ROI driven by boomer executives who still think it's a big time power play to be a bowl sponsor.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You know how I know the bowls are dead? I've never even heard of the majority of the sponsors and I don't even care to look into who they are. I just chuckle that they pissed their money away to slap their name onto a toilet bowl. 😂

This poo has to be abysmal ROI driven by boomer executives who still think it's a big time power play to be a bowl sponsor.

It's still football to me. I don't care what the name is. Just let me love it 

I used to love the Panthers and I know this is a pro forum. But, you have to admit that Panthers are a bad product to watch. The pros deserve credit for playing twenty games at that level. But there are a ton of injuries and I don't necessarily think sometimes it's always the best game to watch. I love the college level too and I also love a good highschool game with no TV time outs. It's just football in a pure form with kids learning. Sorry for off topic stuff. Hope everyone has a great Christmas. Hope there's better Panther football ahead.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, GEM said:

I used to love the Panthers and I know this is a pro forum. But, you have to admit that Panthers are a bad product to watch. The pros deserve credit for playing twenty games at that level. But there are a ton of injuries and I don't necessarily think sometimes it's always the best game to watch. I love the college level too and I also love a good highschool game with no TV time outs. It's just football in a pure form with kids learning. Sorry for off topic stuff. Hope everyone has a great Christmas. Hope there's better Panther football ahead.

The college game by and large is just more entertaining right now than the NFL. It's just the bowls that suck. Georgia vs. Florida State is a badass football game. But no one wants to see Georgia vs. Florida State minus all the guys on those teams that are likely getting drafted next year. That isn't actually Georgia vs. Florida State.