• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Season

jayboogieman

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I think he'll go in the first, but I've seen some stuff hinting at him and Nix slipping to the second.

I think Nix is a 2nd round guy. Not really an elite arm talent. I do think he will be in the NFL for a long time.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I think he'll go in the first, but I've seen some stuff hinting at him and Nix slipping to the second.

But have you seen both of them play this season?

Phenix should have gotten the Heisman and Nix threw about 45 TDs, 4500 yards and above 77% completion rate.

So, Kiper has Nix as the 6th QB on his board, which is laughable. Nix had no reason to play today, but he did and balled out.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Nix is a 2nd round guy. Not really an elite arm talent. I do think he will be in the NFL for a long time.

Agreed and if Penix keeps playing like he is, no way he's falling to the 2nd round.  If he's at 33 I take him, this team needs competition at QB and is rebuilding anyways.

Whoever is better between Young and Penix starts and the other is the backup.  (Young has been giving me more and more career backup vibes as the season goes on, even though I really don't want to totally judge him with this team around him...the whole team sucks!)

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

But have you seen both of them play this season?

Phenix should have gotten the Heisman and Nix threw about 45 TDs, 4500 yards and above 77% completion rate.

So, Kiper has Nix as the 6th QB on his board, which is laughable. Nix had no reason to play today, but he did and balled out.

Yeah, I've seen them both play. Both have made the most of their college careers and hopefully will see success in the NFL. That said, teams seem to have a bias against older players.