• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Unlikely to Pursue Harbaugh

kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't think the football people should be tied too closely to Bryce, either, but I do think it may be in the team's longterm interest to skip investing in a new QB this offseason, and riding with what we have, probably giving BY half a season or so while we develop the rest of the team. We already have Dalton on contract for next year anyway, so if BY flames out as it seems is likely, we've got a good vet to man the ship.  But Tepper needs to also know this is the plan and not clean house right away, because it'll take time.

The one thing I DON'T want them to do is to trade more assets for another QB... And I feel like most of the options that'll be realistically available to us in FA will not be very good...

IMO, the best path forward is to bring in someone to legitimately push Bryce while putting the best team around them that we can. Whether Bryce works out or not provide the best path forward. But I don't think you can just hand Bryce the job again. Not after this disaster. There has to be a legit competition. If that's with Dalton honestly I'm fine with that. But you have to force Bryce to win a competition to get team bye in which means you also have to be willing to allow him to potentially lose that competition.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO, the best path forward is to bring in someone to legitimately push Bryce while putting the best team around them that we can. Whether Bryce works out or not provide the best path forward. But I don't think you can just hand Bryce the job again. Not after this disaster. There has to be a legit competition. If that's with Dalton honestly I'm fine with that. But you have to force Bryce to win a competition to get team bye in which means you also have to be willing to allow him to potentially lose that competition.

Harbaugh is just the man to do this... but homer simpson will have to admit some kind of defeat...not sure that will happen... if you want to turn this team around....Harbaugh will at least make us respectable in two years.... but dick pie has to blab his billions into the equation with his ego.... we're gonna stank for years if he doesn't change.  I guarantee hes trying to fast track the coach selection again... cause hes a dumbazz.

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No chance he accepts that deal. It includes a no NFL clause. The removes all ability to get consistent pay raises. 

Probably not, but it definitely establishes the base for his services. After getting burned by Rhule and Reich, you gotta think he's gonna be gunshy about needing to pay 15m or more per season guaranteed. 

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Probably not, but it definitely establishes the base for his services. After getting burned by Rhule and Reich, you gotta think he's gonna be gunshy about needing to pay 15m or more per season guaranteed. 

He'd pay whatever he needed too to get the guy he wants.  Rhule or Reich be damned.. he MAY go about vetting coaches differently but if it comes down to money he'll shell out whatever he needs to get the deal done.