• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christmas Day Games

BY9Franchise

40 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Im Right Reese Witherspoon GIF by HULU

The media hype train on Purdy is bananas. It's reminiscent of Tim Teblow.

He is a fine QB. He also isn't the second coming of Tom Brady that they are desperately trying to make him. He's surrounded by more and better offensive weapons than Brady had in his collective entire career.

2 minutes ago, csx said:

Why all the Purdy hate? I have no opinion of him but he is 2nd in yards and tds. 

I only assume it's because they have CMC? Never been a Niners fan myself but the reaction to him.is strange 

It's not really Purdy hate, it's media hate. The same way they made me dislike the Chiefs because of the never ending Taylor Swift spamming they cannot stop doing.

1 minute ago, csx said:

Why all the Purdy hate? I have no opinion of him but he is 2nd in yards and tds. 

I only assume it's because they have CMC? Never been a Niners fan myself but the reaction to him.is strange 

He's a game manager bro.

Watch the games most of his yards comes from CMC/Deebo making plays off screens.

Give Lamar those weapons on offense the 49ers are undefeated right now.

Purdy is a good QB, but elite he's not shown that. Any elite QB with that offense would just dominate the NFL.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The media hype train on Purdy is bananas. It's reminiscent of Tim Teblow.

He is a fine QB. He also isn't the second coming of Tom Brady that they are desperately trying to make him. He's surrounded by more and better offensive weapons than Brady had in his collective entire career.

49ers are a historically great franchise. I understand why the media wants to hype him. Watch him play and you will see he's not elite. He's a good QB surrounded by the best weapons in football.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

49ers are a historically great franchise. I understand why the media wants to hype him. Watch him play and you will see he's not elite. He's a good QB surrounded by the best weapons in football.

100%. My skepticism has been high the entire time. And for all the seething Purdy fanboys, this is not a slight towards him as a QB. He's an NFL average QB in most aspects but his intangibles are obviously quite high.

However....if you want to see a mess and the wheels come off, put him on the 2023 Carolina Panthers. He wouldn't be much more capable than Young or Dalton of elevating this team. 

Some other elite QB's would likely be able to elevate us(not all, to be clear). 

Furthermore, if you plop Purdy into some of the other elite QB's shoes/current situations, he isn't likely to exceed their results in almost any of those cases. In most he would be struggling because he doesn't have the embarrassment of riches.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's a game manager bro.

Watch the games most of his yards comes from CMC/Deebo making plays off screens.

Purdy is a good QB, but elite he's not shown that. Any elite QB with that offense would just dominate the NFL.

I have no real opinion about Purdy but SF has about 50% of passing yards from YAC, just like many other teams but they are the highest in YAC per completion.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/advanced.htm

With respect to weapons, any QB would benefit in that situation but Purdy's lack of salary is a big enabler at the moment. Will be interesting to see where the performance lands in a couple of years when that dirt cheap rookie deal is gone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's not really Purdy hate, it's media hate. The same way they made me dislike the Chiefs because of the never ending Taylor Swift spamming they cannot stop doing.

OK. I don't think I've consumed nfl coverage in a few years. Burned out.

He certainly doesn't suck

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's a game manager bro.

Qbs are obviously game managers.

That's exactly what Bryce was supposed to be and you lost your mind about him leading in to the season.

Just now, csx said:

OK. I don't think I've consumed nfl coverage in a few years. Burned out.

He certainly doesn't suck

If you watch 49ers games, pregame shows, NFL coverage, etc....it's fuging insufferable. The announcers slurp him, they spam graphics comparing him to Tom Brady and they just generally treat him as if he is a top 3-4 QB when he is VERY clearly not that.

He's a middle of the road NFL starting QB on a team with the best offensive weapons in the NFL. That doesn't mean he is bad but he way closer to Derek Carr than he is Tom Brady.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If you watch 49ers games, pregame shows, NFL coverage, etc....it's fuging insufferable. The announcers slurp him, they spam graphics comparing him to Tom Brady and they just generally treat him as if he is a top 3-4 QB when he is VERY clearly not that.

He's a middle of the road NFL starting QB on a team with the best offensive weapons in the NFL. That doesn't mean he is bad but he way closer to Derek Carr than he is Tom Brady.

He's Tom Brady his first 2 years but producing more

19 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I have no real opinion about Purdy but SF has about 50% of passing yards from YAC, just like many other teams but they are the highest in YAC per completion.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/advanced.htm

With respect to weapons, any QB would benefit in that situation but Purdy's lack of salary is a big enabler at the moment. Will be interesting to see where the performance lands in a couple of years when that dirt cheap rookie deal is gone.

Don't forget Aiyuk is also on a rookie deal. As I said in another thread, the Purdy/CMC/Deebo/Aiyuk group has about 1-2 more seasons before it gets broken up and the price tag of the overall groups goes up to over $100 mil instead of the current price(2023) of, and I am not making this number up, combined $17.1 million of salary.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Don't forget Aiyuk is also on a rookie deal. As I said in another thread, the Purdy/CMC/Deebo/Aiyuk group has about 1-2 more seasons before it gets broken up and the price tag of the overall groups goes up to over $100 mil instead of the current price(2023) of, and I am not making this number up, combined $17.1 million of salary.

Yeah, that's unheard of in today's NFL. And not only is Purdy on a rookie deal, he's less than a million per year. Bryce's rookie deal, for comparison on the polar opposite end of the spectrum, is $9.5MM per.