• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Never forget how Scott Two Chinn handled the Lamar Jackson opportunity

TheBigKat

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

MVP QB available why no offers?

Not even a offer sheet. Does that same shady or not?

Brady MVP QB FA had multiple suitors.

This was about Lamar contract not becoming the new norm. Which is why not 1 single owner was brave enough to even throw out an offer sheet. These owners talk and they have a code you don't break. They showed their power in this particular situation.

Brady was absolutely out with New England.

Lamar was not. The Ravens never said they were done with him.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You keep dodging around my question.

I'm talking about other teams! Why no offer sheet for Lamar?

He was franchised on March 7th... Before he could negotiate with teams... Everyone knew the Ravens wanted to keep him

Even though Jackson will be free to test the market, the Ravens' hope is that he returns to Baltimore.

"There have been many instances across the league and in Baltimore when a player has been designated with the franchise tag and signed a long-term deal that same year," DeCosta stated Tuesday. "We will continue to negotiate in good faith with Lamar, and we are hopeful that we can strike a long-term deal that is fair to both Lamar and the Ravens. Our ultimate goal is to build a championship team with Lamar Jackson leading the way for many years to come."

The Ravens and Jackson still have until July 17 to negotiate and complete a deal before Jackson would have to be on the tag for 2023, once signed. He would then be set for free agency again next season, though the Ravens could apply the franchise tag again.

The Ravens have a long history of tagging players and getting a deal done at a later date. They have done so with five of their previous seven franchise tagged players.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/lamar-jackson-franchise-tag-non-exclusive-ravens-apply

Edited by mav1234

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

He was franchised on March 7th... Before he could negotiate with teams... Everyone knew the Ravens wanted to keep him

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/lamar-jackson-franchise-tag-non-exclusive-ravens-apply

How did everyone know?

For that to happen you're suggest all owners knew they would match which tells me there is something shady happening when it comes to this particular QB.

You can't possibly know unless you put out an offer. Either they match or they don't. It's not hard.

Thanks for proving my point. Owners talked behind the scenes hence no offer sheet.

Case closed. CamWhoaaCam wins again.

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's Tyreek Hill at the moment, IMO.

The 49ers had McCaffery but missed Williams and Deebo and lost games. It's goofy to include RB's in the MVP discussion anymore and especially on the 49ers. 

Lamar would be far better here than Bryce, that's not a question at all. Even under the pressure Bryce gets, Lamar would be scrambling ans making plays with his feet that Bryce isn't capable of. That's why he is so hard to defend(same as Cam, Vick, etc), you HAVE to account for his rushing ability AND his throwing ability. If you cheat one or the other, they are going to hurt you.

I agree with Hill, McCaffrey and Lamar being the clear top 3. Their teams are depending on them and they could be dropped in on any team and would immediately raise the level of play on those teams. And that is what the MVP should be about. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How did everyone know?

For that to happen you're suggest all owners knew they would match which tells me there is something shady happening when it comes to this particular QB.

You can't possibly know unless you put out an offer. Either they match or they don't. It's not hard.

Thanks for proving my point. Owners talked behind the scenes hence no offer sheet.

Case closed. CamWhoaaCam wins again.

dude... How often are players that are franchise tagged even traded for...?

No offer sheet was made because everyone knew that unless it was an INSANE deal (for a player that has been injured recently, too) there was no guarantee, plus you'd have the two draft picks coming out of it even if it wasn't matched.

You didn't win anything.  Now, if they hadn't franchised him AND Lamar was forced to take whatever the Ravens offered, sure...

3 minutes ago, Martin said:

I agree with Hill, McCaffrey and Lamar being the clear top 3. Their teams are depending on them and they could be dropped in on any team and would immediately raise the level of play on those teams. And that is what the MVP should be about. 

Lamar is great, but he doesn't have the stats this year.

This a 2 man race imo between CMC and Hill. I think this is the year a non QB finally wins MVP.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

dude... How often are players that are franchise tagged even traded for...?

No offer sheet was made because everyone knew that unless it was an INSANE deal (for a player that has been injured recently, too) there was no guarantee, plus you'd have the two draft picks coming out of it even if it wasn't matched.

You didn't win anything.  Now, if they hadn't franchised him AND Lamar was forced to take whatever the Ravens offered, sure...

The Ravens could have got 2 1st round picks out of the deal. They hired a new OC it was not out of the question that they would have went a different direction if someone offered him more money than they were willing to pay.

If the Ravens wanted Lamar why did they let him even attempt to test the market? That contract should have been done the dude has a MVP on his resume already.

Bengals didn't let Burrow test the market. Chargers didn't let Herbert test the market.

Cmon bro you know what was going on.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The Ravens could have got 2 1st round picks out of the deal. They hired a new OC it was not out of the question that they would have went a different direction if someone offered him more money than they were willing to pay.

If the Ravens wanted Lamar why did they let him even attempt to test the market? That contract should have been done the dude has a MVP on his resume already.

Bengals didn't let Burrow test the market. Chargers didn't let Herbert test the market.

Cmon bro you know what was going on.

Lamar has been in the league longer than Burrows or Herbert... Lol... 

The Ravens said all along they wanted Lamar back, dude. They made it clear they did. They franchised him. I don't know what to tell you... They never let him test the market, lol

• Pie 1

It was known league wide that he wasn’t available. The ravens would match any offer given to him. Basically all a team could do is drive up his contract price and reset the QB salary even higher than it is. This is a big nothing… We have made plenty of mistakes but this one is not really one. I mean why didn’t any other team submit an offer either? Because they knew he wasn’t available… 

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Lamar has been in the league longer than Burrows or Herbert... Lol... 

The Ravens said all along they wanted Lamar back, dude. They made it clear they did. They franchised him. I don't know what to tell you... They never let him test the market, lol

Yeah we can agree to disagree on this one. We just have different opinions on this situation.

My issue wasn't even with the Ravens. They clearly wanted to sign Lamar for something less than the Watson deal. My issue was with the other teams who didn't even make an offer. Hell offer the Watson contract see if they match! That's all I was saying.

• Beer 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah we can agree to disagree on this one. We just have different opinions on this situation.

My issue wasn't even with the Ravens. They clearly wanted to sign Lamar for something less than the Watson deal. My issue was with the other teams who didn't even make an offer. Hell offer the Watson contract see if they match! That's all I was saying.

Why would they? They would have to clear up so much cap just to watch the offer get matched and the QB value go way up. Several teams messed up their cap bidding for Watson. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It was known league wide that he wasn’t available. The ravens would match any offer given to him. Basically all a team could do is drive up his contract price and reset the QB salary even higher than it is. This is a big nothing… We have made plenty of mistakes but this one is not really one. I mean why didn’t any other team submit an offer either? Because they knew he wasn’t available… 

It was reported they didn't want to give Lamar the Watson deal.

If a team offered the Watson deal the Ravens would have just took the picks.

Why didn't any team offer the Watson deal?

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

All good. Agree to disagree. We see the situation differently 🙂

Regardless our team would look different right now with Lamar for sure haha

• Beer 1