• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Facts, Share your Own!

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

This thread is for interesting facts about Panthers:

A black panther is the melanistic colour variant of the leopard (Panthera pardus) and the jaguar (Panthera onca). Black panthers of both species have excess black pigments, but their typical rosettes are also present.

Black Leopard:

image.png.93db527434d31ca4f999c91785f1a529.png

Black Jaguar:

image.png.81881297a088e50091b1f838eb85f573.png

So Black Panthers aren't really a thing, much like the hope of this fanbase.

Please, share your own fun facts about "Panthers".

Scientists say there are only a few dozen panthers left…The animal and our fanbase.

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Panthers have been observed climbing trees with a full grown deer in their mouth. Basically climbing a tree with its body weight or more clinched in its teeth.  Both impressive and damn scary.  

Only cat I adore more is the Jaguar.  

Jaguars hunting Cayman on the Amazon is pure unadulterated entertainment.  Killers of all killers.

But the Black Panther wins on pure beauty.

• Pie 1

Cat teams in the NFL never win anything. This is not the same in lower levels of football, but none of the kitties can claim a Superbowl. The Bengals and Panthers are a combined 0-4, and the Lions and Jaguars have never even made the game. When we have a new team in place, we should seriously consider a bird for a mascot instead.

Edited by UnluckyforSome
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Game Over

I have a 9 pound house cat and she’s a killing machine.  Can you imagine a 6-foot 120 pound big cat coming at you?  

Those teeth and those claws…you’d be done if she wanted to, I don’t care who you are.

IMG_0687.thumb.jpeg.f97d8aef2e80ab8991fde90defb0e867.jpeg

I've heard it said that if you actually notice the presence of a big cat near you, you're probably safe (e: assuming you don't provoke it).  If it wanted to attack you, you'd never see it coming.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I've heard it said that if you actually notice the presence of a big cat near you, you're probably safe.  If it wanted to attack you, you'd never see it coming.

A panther, jaguar, cougar, or mountain lion will probably never attack a grown human. We aren’t on their menu.

Lion or Tiger…you better get the fug outta there ASAP.

That said, I wouldn’t try to pet a grown Panther. 

4 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Game Over

I have a 9 pound house cat and she’s a killing machine.  Can you imagine a 6-foot 120 pound big cat coming at you?  

Those teeth and those claws…you’d be done if she wanted to, I don’t care who you are.

IMG_0687.thumb.jpeg.f97d8aef2e80ab8991fde90defb0e867.jpeg

Domestic house cats have the same size of claws and teeth to scale of big cats...............meaning if they were big cats that would have the same size claws and teeth of a big cat and vise versa. 

• Pie 1