• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown needs 3 more tackles.

Jmac

6 hours ago, Basbear said:

The entire defense should be embarrassed that a DT can break the tackle record.  That should never happen. Only brown and luvu have earned their salaries this year on D, maybe bell too. 

What? I think you misread something.

He's close to the DT record. How is that bad? Only a defensive take can break a defensive tackle record.

Edited by csx

8 hours ago, csx said:

He's close to the DT record. How is that bad? Only a defensive take can break a defensive tackle record.

Yeah I don't understand what they're saying either.  If he was making all the tackles 20 yard down field I could get his point. 

18 hours ago, csx said:

Sorry, I maybe bad at reasoning this. The LBs should be making all/most of the tackles, if not them, then the safety. Its a terrible reflection on the team D if one of your DTs is about to break the NFL record for tackles. The same would if a CB was about to break the tackles record too. More simply its not the job/role for a DT to make tackles.  

@toldozer 

Edited by Basbear

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Sorry, I maybe bad at reasoning this. The LBs should be making all/most of the tackles, if not them, then the safety. Its a terrible reflection on the team D if one of your DTs is about to break the NFL record for tackles. The same would if a CB was about to break the tackles record too. More simply its not the job/role for a DT to make tackles.  

@toldozer 

Dt is at the line of scrimmage in front of the lbs. If he's making the tackle 90% of them are probably within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. He isn't chasing wrs 30 yards down field

Edited by toldozer

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

@toldozer 

The guy closest to the snap and line of scrimmage making tackles is as good as it gets.

And he doesn't lead the team in tackles. That's Luvu then  He's approaching a record for defensive tsckles.