• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Caps 7pm

6 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

We were out at dinner with friends last night, so I'll be watching the re-air broadcast this afternoon. Raining all weekend, I don't feel guilty.

We played exactly like I thought we would. A confused first, a solid second and a dominant third. Which is the opposite of what the caps wanted us to. 

Frankly our first wasn’t even that bad, their first goal was TDA barely phoning it in, and Drury getting caught. You couldn’t beat their second goal even though Pyotr almost did. Nobody expects Ov to pass from his domain(slot). 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

Just rewatching the post game show to find Rod’s interview. Honestly, I don’t think Tripp was toasted last night. I think he had a toast over from New Years and the NY trip. NY is a dangerous city for him. 

Also Orlov definitely lost a toof. He was trying hard to hide it in the interview but number 10 is missing. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Like I said… TDA sighting… I know it wasn’t his guy to cover but like dude… 

To be fair, Backstrom was coming right down the slot behind TDA and had TDA taken the shooter, it would have been an easier goal from the front doorstep.

Yeah, he was lazy, but he knew better than to put himself way out of position trying to make up for it.

27 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

To be fair, Backstrom was coming right down the slot behind TDA and had TDA taken the shooter, it would have been an easier goal from the front doorstep.

Yeah, he was lazy, but he knew better than to put himself way out of position trying to make up for it.

He missed the neutral zone puck check is what I’m saying though. The rest ya, super lazy. But he didn’t even try for that board battle. This is a team of board battlers… 

Over the middle we slack sometimes but on the boards in the neutral and D-Zone. Good luck. 

Edited by Harbingers

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

He missed the neutral zone puck check is what I’m saying though. The rest ya, super lazy. But he didn’t even try for that board battle. This is a team of board battlers… 

Over the middle we slack sometimes but on the boards in the neutral and D-Zone. Good luck. 

Oh, I completely agree. Maybe that's why he spent most of the night on the bench after that.

3:53 TOI last night

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Like I said… TDA sighting… I know it wasn’t his guy to cover but like dude… 

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but Drury's lack of awareness to cover his guy open in the middle of the ice is far worse.

Yes, TDA could have done better with the board battling, but there is no excuse for Drury to just be meandering on the boards behind the caps board player when the Caps player is clearly going to be the first one to the puck...

• Pie 1