• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Blues 8pm

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Carolina is 4-5 in OT/SO this year. Neither of the goalies have been good in shootouts. 

If the Canes don't win in regulation, odds are less than 50% they'll win in OT and even lower in the SO.

Carolina on consecutive nights, left it all out there. Binnington played very well and Carolina had no puck luck around the net.

Canes aren't terrible in 3v3 OT. SO though they stink. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

My dude, like a lot of us, has Raanta shell shock but tonight was special.  

we got a point vs a western conf foe. The point only helps us. Game was really good.  We are gonna have games like this but it was a good one. Our shoutout stinks but I kinda wish they would do away with the skills competition shootouts. Listening to the players and rod, they hate shootouts.  Just run OT until someone scores. 

They do this to save teams from working their players to death in the regular season. 5 Min OT and then SO is ideal.

There have been some seasons we crush at the SO, so no complaints about the system. It's just us that has to get better.

• Pie 1

I will say this, their goalie won them that game. He is legit. Also the hockey gods were not on our side with bounces.

I agree with Rod that I’m happy they didn’t call a poo ton of penalties. Though if they had given us more PP’s we would have won easy. 

I was not happy with rods order of shooters besides burns though. Burns is a good lead off man. I really would have liked to see svech and Pono though. TT and Marty man were iffy in the slots they were picked. Also, I love Aho but that may have been his first goal on the S/O in a few years, he’s not a safe bet on the S/O but he paid off this time. 

3v3 and S/O are where we really miss Necas. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I was not happy with rods order of shooters besides burns though. Burns is a good lead off man. I really would have liked to see svech and Pono though. TT and Marty man were iffy in the slots they were picked. Also, I love Aho but that may have been his first goal on the S/O in a few years, he’s not a safe bet on the S/O but he paid off this time. 

3v3 and S/O are where we really miss Necas. 

I seem to recall aho sending the lighting home in a shootout last year.... absolutely sick goal were he opened up vasi

• Pie 2