• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Just curious, what if our WRs only seemed poor due to the OC? Would you give them the benefit of the doubt? Or ... do you blame them?

If the Wr didn’t drop passes and fumble then you might have a point but they did.. So everyone should take responsibility for this not just 1 person..

Just now, recceice said:

Well it is what it is.. I just want ppl to keep this same energy.. Because ppl are making a lot generalizations about a terrible year for a lot of players coaches and organization in general..  Other ppl have been worst before this isn’t a 1st time thing..

The only qb to play a full season and be worse than Bryce was David Carr. Let that sink in. And that was when you could crush qb’s and maul WR’s

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Is it worth wasting another year to find out,  do we rip the band aid off instead of slowly peeling it? 

We don't have the ability to rip it off, we have no 1st and it's a joke to believe we might get a QB at #33. 

It's funny how all those years the panthers cried about giving up a 2nd or 3rd to move up 3 spots to get a QB in the top 5, but they were ready to trade the house for a high risk prospect.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

100%. We should have a completely new scheme, coach, and GM (hopefully offensive roster too) week 1. We’ll know 6-8 games in if he’s the guy. 

But that's what we had this year for the most part. New coach, new scheme, AT and Chark. You'll never hit on all of that all at once. But a great QB can keep you in games. Cam did it all the time. Young can't.

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

"other people have been worse"

Solid

I’m sorry I can be objective and understand that the player could be bad but I know the situation was.. I have only seen 1 rookie carry a bad Oline (injuries) bad Wr group and bad play calling.

And if I’m being objective at least Cam had a better offense to work with..

Just now, recceice said:

I’m sorry I can be objective and understand that the player could be bad but I know the situation was.. I have only seen 1 rookie carry a bad Oline (injuries) bad Wr group and bad play calling.

Solid

3 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

The only qb to play a full season and be worse than Bryce was David Carr. Let that sink in. And that was when you could crush qb’s and maul WR’s

Do you actually know this or is this just hyperbole for affect??

9 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Is it worth wasting another year to find out,  do we rip the band aid off instead of slowly peeling it? 

Might as well let him be the commander of our tanking efforts next year to get the number one pick in 2025. I don't think we have to worry about Bryce accidentally winning us games

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why though? Because he was good with an elite team at Alabama?

Because I have more faith in the analysis and his history then this organization decision making the last 6 years… No draft or Football analyst had BY being this bad.. 

Just now, recceice said:

As much as everyone on this board hates Sam Darnold, he got all the years he did because 100% of his issue is mental. He has all of the physical attributes to be an NFL QB and sometimes for 2-3 games at a time has people second guessing him. He is in his own head and constantly panics and makes bad decisions, which keeps him from being a consistent QB. 

Bryce Young has none of the physical intangibles of a top 10 QB. He has not shown he can consistently throw a solid deep ball, he has no pocket awareness, his improvising skills are weak. Even if he gets his head in the game, it's still questionable whether he physically can handle playing in the NFL.

• Pie 2