• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Black Monday News

Mr. Scot

Just now, CRA said:

in addition to the #2 overall, Washington has 2 2nd rounders (3 picks in the top 40) and 2 3rd rounders.  That's a lot of young talent a new HC will be able to go get to fit whatever vision they have. 

Personally, I'd go QB in the 1st, build OL/Defense with the other picks.  They have the skill positions honestly, maybe need an athletic TE yet.

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think Belichick molded Brady but later in Brady's career I think he carried Bill more than Bill carried him. 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

that's probably a good take.  Bill was instrumental in helping Brady become Brady.....but Bill largely just reaped the rewards of what Brady became. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd give that credit to Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels way more than I would Bill Belichick.

All of you have valid points, but Belicheat is getting the short end of the stick regarding that team's success. They won with Brady out there on his early Big Ben stuff, throwing for 150-200yds per game and 1-2 TDs. The defense entirely comprised of Belicheat's picks and signees, did the heavy lifting almost entirely until they got Moss, Gronk, and some real difference makers. People need to quit acting like he is chopped liver now. He guessed wrong with MacCorkle Jones and surprise, the division got better. He did some shrewd early GM stuff that took balls and kept his team financially competitive. He just missed on that kid. They would've made the playoffs with Cam if 10+ players hadn't opted out of the Covid season. Lastly, I feel like he stopped cheating. I mean I think he's done and they are going to have to start over at QB again, but this whole Brady made Belichick stuff is nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lotta smoke around Belichick and the Falcons.

That is what I have heard--not seeing BB as a west coast guy, but Herbert was the deal breaker for me.  I think Atlanta is a close second, fwiw. 

I'd rank the destinations as:

Washington

Patriots 

Carolina

Raiders

Atlanta

Chargers

If Belichick is released, I think its a near lock he goes to Washington. 

Carolina being a bad destination is overblown. Tepper has shown he'll spend infinite money, they have an open GM slot which means the coach can pick the GM, and the team has a strong young defense.