• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nice article from The Ringer about search firm Sportsology

Mills

Shout out to redditor “Danofthecloth” for the find!
Seems well respected, knowledgeable and thorough in his approach. Also has a good track record of hires. We shall see.

“In 2015, the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles brought Forde in to take a look at their organization; soon after, they decided to move on from head coach Chip Kelly. Forde said owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman approached him about helping find a replacement. “I don’t know whether we could help you,” he told Lurie, “but I can probably tell you the mistakes I’ve made when hiring coaches and that could be of some value to you,” a nod to Chelsea’s having run through nine managers in Forde’s seven years with the club. But first he called up around 15 friends from the sports industry to gauge their thoughts. “And to a person,” Forde said, “they all told me, ‘Absolutely, you should do it, you guys are perfect for this.’ And that kind of gave me the green light.”

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/14/22380676/nba-general-manager-mike-forde

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Forde used to cook books for Russian oligarch with direct ties to Putin.  Chelsea is currently under investigation by governing committee going back to 2012 when Forde ran the show.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/16/chelsea-facing-fa-and-premier-league-probe-for-possible-ffp-breaches

Sounds like teppers kind of guy 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Solid track record I guess, no idea about the other sports but they did the Eagles right. 

17 minutes ago, RJK said:

Sounds like teppers kind of guy 

I could see him holding on to the marketing terms way too hard while missing the point of it all...